2015 - A boring year in rap?

Just Clauz

This year was dissappointing. Ive been hearing about all these super lyrical or super innovative rappers, and none of them moved me. I have to say it, but this was really Thugga Thugga's year. He is not a good rapper, but atleast he is interesting, something that others fail to be.

So whaddaya think about rap in 2015? Was it a boring year?

Last edited:
Rap has served the same purpose for however long, as is other genres.
Whether or not it was boring is personal in nature. When it comes to it I agree somewhat.

But that is because I been watching battle rap videos where fellas like dizaster and dna etc that is why I think rap music is borin this year but only because I'm into watching those versus videos.

Future, Wale, Lupe, Big Sean, Drake, Kendrick, Yelawolf, Scarface, ASAP AND vince Staples all released in 2015. Twas a good year.

Get yo game up

Good music everywhere. I got Spotify, Apple Music and Soundcloud and I dedicate some time every day to find new music and I got files upon files of dope shit. Stop the excuses.

Last edited:
if you think this year was a boring year you probably live under a rock or only listen to mainstream artist, this year was one of the best. people were dropping dope projects left and right

Not sure what you're looking for if you don't think it was a great year of rap releases. There was something for everybody.

Look I know many good rappers were out this year like Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Pusha T ect.....But, I don't know why I still don't really get moved when I listen to them.

I want more than just good rappers. I want innovation, revolution, a movement. I want to listen to hip hop that make feel inspired and invincible, like I can handle any situation on my journey in the game. I want it to make feel like it can really impact society, and so fourth I don't really feel these records like that, despite some good lyricists out there.

Many now I got myself pumped up. Must have been amazing to be hip hop in the 80's and early 90's. Shit this is more than bars to me, Imma have to re-figure out my whole style.

Scarface's album was dope. Check out WestSideGunn if you haven't already. Gritty rapper with production by Apollo Brown etc. Thugga Thugga....wtf...smh at that homo-erotic millenial bs.

Last edited:
2015 was one of the best years in recent memory imo. Tetsuo & Youth, Rodeo, The Night Took Us In Like Family, A.L.L.A, GO:OD AM, Documentary 2. Then there's To Pimp A Butterfly which was on a whole nother level

How can you say 2015 is a boring year for rap with To Pimp A Butterfly being released? haha

I also enjoyed a lot "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"

Maybe you should create that movement that's missing just saying :cool: but tbh i feel kinda the same i have some artists that i like and none of them can inspire to a higher thats the reason i love sites like this cuz i can find new artists that i never heard of and if am lucky i will find something special eventually and OP i am sure there is an artist that made you feel like OHH SHIT THATS AWESOME this year

Besides To Pimp many of the albums I'm seeing posted were straight trash - boring rappers with boring rhymes with boring flows.

If you're a radio fan, then chances are you'll disagree with everything I say. In that case you were going bananas over Young Thug and Fetty Wap.

Young Thugs album wasn't that bad. I think the reason why it was a good album is because of the people around him. The production was sick, as well as all the mixing after production. Except for the song " Can't Tell", he should've took all the beats to the face, them niggas was wack.

Back