Whats Your Job?

i feel you on the baby sitter thing. i got a 2 month year old baby girl.

im originally from southern california, and people up here are.... a little different. lol
whats that commercial? "we're alot like you, a little different."
i laugh everytime i hear that shiiii.
i dunno, you got weirdos everywhere though.

Describe as best as you can the differences. I'm curious to hear your experiences.

i feel you on the baby sitter thing. i got a 2 month year old baby girl.

im originally from southern california, and people up here are.... a little different. lol
whats that commercial? "we're alot like you, a little different."
i laugh everytime i hear that shiiii.
i dunno, you got weirdos everywhere though.
Everyone I know that moves here from Cali says its so different here lol. Some like it others grow used to it and some just hate it but people here are different. Example its pouring rain and my wife decided to wear flip flops to church lol. People here wear shorts in the snow with heavy jackets. But it rains 9 months a year and people don't know how to drive in it.

salem- well, it really depends on the type of people you hang out with. like theres alot of similarities.. i dont know its hard to describe.

ive seen that there are more raver types here? like candy kids. and then also just the weird people that go to raves.
where when i grew up in SD, it was more gangs and ghetto people. more hip hop, and rap affiliated.
but here i really got exposed to more electronic, like drum and bass, and dubstep, which i like alot.
also i just laugh at the people who try to act like they are ghetto here.
hmm, some guy asked me if i had a cig in seattle by the ferries one time, when i said i didnt he said " i suppose you dont do acid then?" lol
i was like nah bro.
its hard to explain the differences. i think the feel of being here has to do with it too.
like its allways sunny there so people are out more. like tan, and active.

X- ive gotten used to it really. my wife is from here..
her family is a trip though. just the way they are to each other.
like if any of my family needs something im there in a second you know, like if they need money or anything really.
and her family is more gossipy and vindictive.
"like omg so and so asked mom for money again"
my fam just isnt like that.

i dont have THAT much exposure to washingtonians to tell you the truth.
being in the navy im around people from everywhere.
then other than that i chill with the wife and kid or stay inside. lol

oh, i do see people dressed in some weird ish when i go to seattle though.
the other day i seen a group of people in like full bunny suits. walking around and giving people high fives...

ive never seen random people just go do that in down town SD.

there are lots of people like your wives family here. a lot of my family is even like that lol. There are a lot of weirdos in the city of Seattle though that is true and the bunny suit thing doesnt surprise me a bit. Go down to Tacoma and you will find a lot more people who are down to earth and cost of living is a lot cheaper.

salem- well, it really depends on the type of people you hang out with. like theres alot of similarities.. i dont know its hard to describe.

ive seen that there are more raver types here? like candy kids. and then also just the weird people that go to raves.
where when i grew up in SD, it was more gangs and ghetto people. more hip hop, and rap affiliated.
but here i really got exposed to more electronic, like drum and bass, and dubstep, which i like alot.
hmm, some guy asked me if i had a cig in seattle by the ferries one time, when i said i didnt he said " i suppose you dont do acid then?" lol
i was like nah bro.
its hard to explain the differences. i think the feel of being here has to do with it too.

X- ive gotten used to it really. my wife is from here..
her family is a trip though. just the way they are to each other.
like if any of my family needs something im there in a second you know, like if they need money or anything really.
and her family is more gossipy and vindictive.
"like omg so and so asked mom for money again"
my fam just isnt like that.

i dont have THAT much exposure to washingtonians to tell you the truth.
being in the navy im around people from everywhere.
then other than that i chill with the wife and kid or stay inside. lol

oh, i do see people dressed in some weird ish when i go to seattle though.
the other day i seen a group of people in like full bunny suits. walking around and giving people high fives...

ive never seen random people just go do that in down town SD.

This is interesting. From when I was up in Portland things were alot different there then here. I liked it though. Last time I went to SD....not so much.

i was like nah bro.

Salem feels drastically different from the Portland Metro, too. I remember the culture-shock when my brother and I rode our bikes up to Wilsonville and spent the day hanging up there.

You think Oregon is maybe more mellow and/or melancholy?

I'm a college student...used to work at an ice cream shop but they stiffed me on hours and basically didn't get called in for 2 months so I quit.

Financial adviser. I advise you all to buy lots of music gear.

that's what's up. i'm a little more than half way done my mba with a concentration in Finance

always cool to see people who are in a finance related field associated with producing music

Last edited:
Financial adviser. I advise you all to buy lots of music gear.

Yo Carnage, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask a little more about your job? You a CFP? Did you take the exam? Do you work for a bank or financial institution? How do you like it??

I work in a semi-related field (I am a financial aid advisor for students at a university), and I'm considering getting into regular Financial Advising, but I know that exam to get certified is a *****.

I work in a chemist. Filling up toilet rolls and Flash ****ing liquid all the day long.

But I get paid, so it's not all bad.

I work at Taco Bell. Definitely not the most glorious of places to work, but I get a paycheck and the people I work with are cool as hell. They're more than willing to work around your schedule as well, so if I need time off I know I'm not going to get screwed out of it (or me having to screw them, if I've asked off for a day and I don't get it I warn them that they're not going to have me that day). My wife has the job that brings the goodies like decent pay, medical insurance, etc. but on the flip side, her boss is a spazzy douche that probably needs to be on anti-anxiety meds or something...or learn to put down his damn Crackberry for more than two seconds out of the day!

I deal drugs.

Really though I'm a stock controller for a local pharmacy. Only go in about once a month to check up all stock levels. Boring as heck, but gets me a little bit of cash to spend.

Pizza Man

I was doing pizza delivery for about 5 months until I got into a car accident (on the job). Car got totaled, almost died. Shortly before that I was almost robbed twice (on the job, from Detroit no less). Shortly before that, the first week I started the job, someone broke into my truck and attempted to steal it, but instead broke the ignition (then I got that car, y'know, the one that was totaled? That I still owe $1000 for lol). Obviously not the best job and I hated it, but I used the money to get some more equipment. I can't go back to any real jobs right now because of my injuries, but I make money through recording and selling beats. So it's all good for now. Been doing a lot of reading too...O yea and **** goin back to that job lol.

I work in a deli, at the local dominick's.......... Couple of the cats back there are dope but manegement sucks an the hours aint so great. I'll getting paid none-the-less though.

I work as an offline & online marketeer for a foot care company.
Besides this i have my own (small) company for online marketing/webdesign and searchengine optimization.
Also owner of a dutch photography weblog (fototest.nl)

In my spare time i'm crew member and reporter for a dutch martial arts community (mixfight.nl)

Back