What do you really know about africa

All the black Americans that want to some how feel closer to their roots talk about Africa when in reality they don't know shit about the continent. am i wrong about this.

they think africa is all one big land of mass and and that all the countries are the same. it's pretty pitiful especially if you ask them to name one country in africa besides south africa

well fun fact there are more Pyramids in Sudan than in Egypt
The Nubians ruled Egypt for a period of time

and watch these documentary on Netflix
talks about the empires in Africa
Benin a beautiful country
Ethopia strong jewish and christian culture
Nigeria,Congo central africa great places as well
Omaha where I live has the largest population of Sudanese ppl in America

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Lost_Kingdoms_of_Africa/70208064?trkid=2361637
I watch and read alot of history stuff on all cultures
I really into that kind of stuff
Netflix has been good to me
has History Channel,Nova,PBS,discovery,etc.shows
as well as independent documentaries

-Coach Antonio

Even bigger issue is that most African-Americans are from West Africa, rather than Central, East, South or North Africa. In addition, the number of religious groupings is significant, and include more than the three pillars of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.....

Part of the problem is that the land mass is larger than the continental USA, and is also comprised of 55 continental and island countries:

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Republic Of The Congo, Cote D'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome And Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe

See if you can group these according to West, Central, East, South or North Africa or as an island nation near the continent of Africa......

Have you seen any of the Sudanese pyramids?

They kind of "suck" compared to the Egyptian versions. But Dr. Diop believed (if I remember correctly) that they were prototypes of the Egyptian versions.

Re: Specific places in Africa; I will be able to report more in February after returning from Ghana!

GJ

Have you seen any of the Sudanese pyramids?

They kind of "suck" compared to the Egyptian versions. But Dr. Diop believed (if I remember correctly) that they were prototypes of the Egyptian versions.

Re: Specific places in Africa; I will be able to report more in February after returning from Ghana!

GJ

my boss is from Ghana
always singing traditional Ghana songs everyday lol

-Coach Antonio

At my old job, we hired a dude straight from Africa. He spoke alittle english.. My boss was so stupid, he asked the guy "HEY, Have you ever been chased by a tiger?"
The guy turned his head and Replyed "No Muda Fooka, Have Yu?"

All I could do was laugh though, you had to be there type shit, that shit was hillarious!

especially as tigers are Asiatic rather than African - all those bad Tarzan movies to blame for that

Music is how I learn about the world...

was recently peepin some old African records the other day....apparently there were a bunch of 'Soukous' bands (dance music) in the Congo that were Mao-ist style propaganda machines promoted by the dictatorship that was in control at the time.

My third grade teacher...(black lady who lived in Tanzania) used to give us extra credit points on test to answer question about her talking about Africa. Africa was taught everyday. She was mean as hell. But now that I'm older I respect her to the fullest for what she did and where her mind was at. Wish I could see her and give her a big hug. Understand why she was so hard on us black folks. lol! You did not want to get paddled by her.....nope!!!

Every African man I was cool with was always from Kenya. This one guy.....they cook some food (forgot what it was called) MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!! Good stuff! He would talk about modern day Kenya...I enjoyed listening. Another one was a pastor. Very cool guy.

A very close friend of mine is in Egypt right now for some kind of job. He told me about it 4 years ago. He was telling me then that it pays like $100k first year and $200k each additional year. I forgot what it is......has to do with the Army (not actualy being in the Army but something else). But he took it serious and making that bread!! I wish I had of went when he was talking about it. I mean I still can. When he get back I will get the full info. I know him...he trying to get to a million dollars. lmao!!! My dude man! Cool dude.

I grew up with a best friend and his parents were from Africa...(I forgot where).

What do I know? Not much. But I know I'm going to Africa one day before I die.

OH...my X Fiance's Dad had a Condo in Africa somewhere. He passed. He was getting that bread majorly. Women........it doesn't matter how much money...they can spend it fast...I do know that.

Forgot to mention that my wife was born in Kenya - her parents lived there at a time when the book Born Free was being written and then later filmed as a major release. Her mum used to "babysit" Elsa the lioness, but it was another time and another world, before they kicked the whites out. My wife did learn to speak Swahili as a child in Kenya, although she has forgotten most of it now....

All the black Americans that want to some how feel closer to their roots talk about Africa when in reality they don't know shit about the continent. am i wrong about this.

they think africa is all one big land of mass and and that all the countries are the same. it's pretty pitiful especially if you ask them to name one country in africa besides south africa

Is that really how "ALL" Black Americans feel? SMDH! Funny, I don't feel "ALL" white people are ignorant, just ones that make comments like this. Believe it or not, not -"ALL" - Black Americans think and feel the same way.

We only know shit, when we somehow agree with "your" view of the world.

Last edited:
The kind of sh!t we like:

apart from hiphop... needs some get used to...but it's actually dope.

Last edited:
Shit.........a lot of people in the U.S can't name you the capital of every State in the US. Hell......a lot of people can't tell you the name of all the States in the U.S.

Who gives a fuuck really right? Hell....we got google...wiki....shiiiiiiid! lol! That's all we need.

Last edited:
i thank you all, there were some people who displayed at least some knowledge about the continent.

i'm nigerian and every time i would get made fun for being a 'spear chucker' and it was pretty funny for them to speak the clicking language of south africa. seeing as thats the only counry that speaks it. it funnier to see both white and black people in america make fun of africans. especially since they have no idea what any of is. if i told them there are some white people are indigenous to africa (not including south africa) they wouldn't believe me. think i'm lying look at the northern african countries hardly any of them are black

i thank you all, there were some people who displayed at least some knowledge about the continent.

i'm nigerian and every time i would get made fun for being a 'spear chucker' and it was pretty funny for them to speak the clicking language of south africa. seeing as thats the only counry that speaks it. it funnier to see both white and black people in america make fun of africans. especially since they have no idea what any of is. if i told them there are some white people are indigenous to africa (not including south africa) they wouldn't believe me. think i'm lying look at the northern african countries hardly any of them are black
It wasn't always that way for Northern Africa. It was strictly dark people till the invasions came from the North (Greeks) and the East (Arabs/Persia/Medes). Just like America did not always look majority white (Europeans), at one time this land was brown people only(Indians). The invasions of countries and lands changes the demographics of a land.

Last edited:
It wasn't always that way for Northern Africa. It was strictly dark people till the invasions came from the North (Greeks) and the East (Arabs/Persia/Medes). Just like America did not always look majority white (Europeans), at one time this land was brown people only(Indians). The invasions of countries and lands changes the demographics of a land.
i wanted to disagree then i remembered the egyptians, they were brown then and now the majority are pasty as fuk

You can disagree if you take into account Berber people... but even then, this is a wide group.
Nah but seriously it is okay for people to not know a lot about Africa. It is not ok not willing to learn about it though.

I say that because as an African being born and bred overseas, I would be really presomptuous to say that I know about everything... Hell you would not expect a chinese dude to know everything about China or a French dude to know everything about Europe. Same reasoning applies.

I have worked in Cameroon (well only 5 months) and still, I consider that it was just a peek. I probably know more about the US which I visited for 3 months at most.

But in any case, apart from some countries such as Nigeria, South Africa and Morocco, which are kinda poppin' already, I would say that you still have a little bit of time to really get acquainted if you want to do business there. The other countries are kinda lagging for now.

Back