What do you really know about africa

I don't know shyt about africa. Don't care. The irony is i've learned nothing I didn't know before reading this thread from reading this thread.....

That means I already knew every fun FACT brought up in this tread and could still admit I don't know much and don't care to know much.

Now enters the problem...people know less and try to "educate" others.

I can't afford to live in the past. I dpon't care about my 40 acres and a mule, I don't care about the minute percentage of a lottery chance I was royalty in the motherland in comparison to the honest fact if I was left there I'd probably be in worse shape today.

It may sound like I'm detatched from my "black roots", but I'm a hustler by nature. Any real hustler knows talkin about what you used to have and what you used to do is for suckas. Only thing weaker than that is focusing on what a relative of yours is doing to make yourself seem reputable. If you yourself are not shinin right now, nobody cares what you once were or who your relative is. Doesn't change the fact you're a bum who needs to get your own instead of talking about what you're supposed to have or once had.

Harsh reality.

EDIT: I'm not saying you don't have a right to persue knowledge of where you're from and who your ancestors were...I'm saying every african ain't your brother like every black person on your little azz street that means nothing in comparison to the entire world isn't your brother.

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm not saying you don't have a right to persue knowledge of where you're from and who your ancestors were...I'm saying every african ain't your brother like every black person on your little azz street that means nothing in comparison to the entire world isn't your brother.
thats honestly what i tell myself and others and they shun me because of it as if i'm wrong but deep down they now we are right

^^^Lol. True. How can you bring up what historic african figures have done in relation to yourself without bringing up what your crackhead cousin pookie down the street from you does in the same relevance? Who are you more closely "related to"?

And that's not saying either of their actions determine your fate. Why not just run around all day bragging what Americans have done? Or even better...HUMAN KIND?

Guess that's just crazy talk.

Last edited:
especially as tigers are Asiatic rather than African - all those bad Tarzan movies to blame for that

I recently found out that tigers are bigger than lions. I was shocked.

And yes, tigers reside mostly in Asia. A lot of them are in the area of India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. That is why they are called Bengal tigers.

i thank you all, there were some people who displayed at least some knowledge about the continent.

i'm nigerian and every time i would get made fun for being a 'spear chucker' and it was pretty funny for them to speak the clicking language of south africa. seeing as thats the only counry that speaks it. it funnier to see both white and black people in america make fun of africans. especially since they have no idea what any of is. if i told them there are some white people are indigenous to africa (not including south africa) they wouldn't believe me. think i'm lying look at the northern african countries hardly any of them are black

Those people are obviously ignorant, I hope you scammed them out of some money to teach them a lesson...:p

i thank you all, there were some people who displayed at least some knowledge about the continent.

i'm nigerian and every time i would get made fun for being a 'spear chucker' and it was pretty funny for them to speak the clicking language of south africa. seeing as thats the only counry that speaks it. it funnier to see both white and black people in america make fun of africans. especially since they have no idea what any of is. if i told them there are some white people are indigenous to africa (not including south africa) they wouldn't believe me. think i'm lying look at the northern african countries hardly any of them are black

I didn't know there were many white people in Northern Africa. I though those countries were populated by Arabs. Countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt seem to be closely related to Middle Eastern countries. Don't most Northern African countries speak Arabic and have a majority Muslim population?

You can disagree if you take into account Berber people... but even then, this is a wide group.
Nah but seriously it is okay for people to not know a lot about Africa. It is not ok not willing to learn about it though.

I say that because as an African being born and bred overseas, I would be really presomptuous to say that I know about everything... Hell you would not expect a chinese dude to know everything about China or a French dude to know everything about Europe. Same reasoning applies.

I have worked in Cameroon (well only 5 months) and still, I consider that it was just a peek. I probably know more about the US which I visited for 3 months at most.

But in any case, apart from some countries such as Nigeria, South Africa and Morocco, which are kinda poppin' already, I would say that you still have a little bit of time to really get acquainted if you want to do business there. The other countries are kinda lagging for now.

I agree. It sad to see people that say they don't care to learn. How low can you go on yourself thinking like that. I could not be around a person that don't like to know history or study things. Those kind of people have to stay away form me, cause they can bring my spirit down.

Last edited:
I didn't know there were many white people in Northern Africa. I though those countries were populated by Arabs. Countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt seem to be closely related to Middle Eastern countries. Don't most Northern African countries speak Arabic and have a majority Muslim population?

arabs are considered caucasian

I live in The Netherlands (Europe) and my moms from Congo (Africa)
I do speak the languages at home with my mom and brothers and sisters.

But i don't feel connected to my roots, since im born here.

this is another thing that pisses me off, when people think all africans are the same. my friends always try to reference me to micheal blackson but i keep telling them half his jokes don't make sense because he is from ghana and i am nigerian

lol well, if I were to joke about this, the difference between Naijah and Ghana is kinda slim on many topics.. except maybe for football :p LOL

why isnt africa more refined?

why are people running around killing eachother over dumb stuff?

I think america and the euro countries should go in and force democracy like we did in iraq.

Africa is a beautiful place, nice climate, plenty of land...the USA is getting too crowded.

I love africa though...i love everything about it.

I always figured that most of the stuff I knew about Africa was just basic high school knowledge......so I'd be surprised if people that always talk about their roots and the motherland and all that ish really wouldn't know something basic as the fact that Africa isn't just one big landmass where everyone's the same and loves each other lol.

My dad is Ghanian but I was born and raised in the states. I know a little something about Ghana customs, food, traditions and all that, but I'm no scholar. My dad still wears Kinte Cloth on special occasions/sometimes to church, he can still speak his native language, and def still eats like a Ghanian lol. Plenty of Gari, soup, and stew in this family

It has brilliant landscapes, and awesome animals, and alot of great people. It is where black people are from, there has been a lot of starvation, war, genocide, and AIDS. Many parts of it are impoverished and dangerous, but many parts of it are neither. Our fellow humans in Africa need our help, and we should pay attention! I am white, however i visited Uganda 2 years ago, and it was the trip of a life time, i encountered nothing but peace and beauty which left me in absolute astonishment. The people for the most part were very friendly and welcoming, (though i got a lot of looks), and i would very much like to return. Seriously....if you ever in your life get the chance....GO TO AFRICA! :). You will not regret it.

Even bigger issue is that most African-Americans are from West Africa, rather than Central, East, South or North Africa. In addition, the number of religious groupings is significant, and include more than the three pillars of Judaism, Islam and Christianity.....

Uhm, no sir. Us African-Americans originate from Africa period..all of it. Not just west Africa.

Ethiopia, Eygpt, Nubia all that is black

Get your facts straight

Back