Weed and making beats?

Nasir33149

I see a lot of people are smoking while making beats. Does it really helps that much? :D I mean Ive smoked like 5 times in my life but it never hit me. Just curious, its not like Ill smoke cause Im 17 and dont have my house, apartment or something.. :)

I blaze up and make beats on the daily brotha... I dont see anything wrong with it. :monkey:(This monkey dudes chill as ****!)

Its kinda double sided, like, Ive had some great musical ideas when high, but I cannot, for the life of me actually sit down and finish a quality track then, I just kinda sit there listening to a half done track again and again, thinking its the greatest thing ever

Im half and half also homie! I can sit back puff on a sack and bang out beats for weeks... Now if they turn out how I like them too is awhole nother story haha. But I think personally for me, Its boosts my creativity!

And in noway am I telling or advising younger folk to smoke or get down on anything they havent been through before!

Smoking weed played a pretty big part in me learning to use my DAW's I'd say.

I would be high as hell tweaking knobs and shit for a few hours then come down and realized I'd been zoning out all that time.

I probably might not have gotten that into it if I wasn't high.

Its kinda double sided, like, Ive had some great musical ideas when high, but I cannot, for the life of me actually sit down and finish a quality track then, I just kinda sit there listening to a half done track again and again, thinking its the greatest thing ever

Dude, thats what happens to me if I go one too many. I ll just sit there listening to my 8 bars that I made 2 hours ago thinking this is what the world needs.

the real test is next day , when I am more or less sober and go through my stuff, if its still sounds nice I keep it and work more if not...discard

Last edited:
ive made beats high and been super stoked on them the next day. And I've also smoked weed and been like WTF was I on last night type shit . delete

I see a lot of people are smoking while making beats. Does it really helps that much?
helps get the creative process going .. sometimes / gives you a different audio perspective .. sometimes / im in agreement with the other headz @ FP that its hit or miss, sometimes the next day ur like BRILLIANT, sometimes the next day ur like WTF GARBAGE ?!?!

I mean Ive smoked like 5 times in my life but it never hit me. Just curious, its not like Ill smoke cause Im 17 and dont have my house, apartment or something..
i had to smoke it a few times before 'it hit me' <> that being said, there have been times in my life where it made me lazy, unfocused, lethargic, dull, and forgetful .. as with all things, caution and moderation is key <> LEGALIZE IT FFS

I prefer to be high for writing lyrics and to get the skeleton of a beat started. But, I prefer to drink while I'm doing the technical tweaks in production.

i smoke all the time when i do it its the only thing that can make me sit down and continue doing something check my sig for the last thing i made while smoking haha

Lol that's so true!!

Great for a while, when you start to crash though.... everything soons come to a stand still.... A really bad one at that

Tea break ;) haha

Great for a while, when you start to crash though.... everything soons come to a stand still.... A really bad one at that

Tea break ;) haha

I experimented with Amphetamine and weed. Amphetamine is good as a "stimulant" from time to time, but after two days, you better stop using it.
Weed though (depending on the strain) is ideal for "blocking out outside influence".

Doesn't make your beats better or worse. Works with most individuals, completely messes up the workflow of others.
You decide. Definitely try the "active and trance like" effects vs. the "body high" of Indica strains.

Hmmmmm, what can I recommend. Try out Nuken, Green Crack (Snoop Dogg loves it for that "creativity") and Blue Cheese.

I experimented with Amphetamine and weed. Amphetamine is good as a "stimulant" from time to time, but after two days, you better stop using it.
Weed though (depending on the strain) is ideal for "blocking out outside influence".

Doesn't make your beats better or worse. Works with most individuals, completely messes up the workflow of others.
You decide. Definitely try the "active and trance like" effects vs. the "body high" of Indica strains.
Hmmmmm, what can I recommend. Try out Nuken, Green Crack (Snoop Dogg loves it for that "creativity") and Blue Cheese.​
Sorry, this post is useless without pics.
Ok, lets fix this.

View attachment 34014

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a random post lol...been known to use something to get a good boost or "stimulation" myself, and it always leads to the same thing, which is me up for 3 days making beats on my computer and barely doing anything else! Haha, but what can I say, music is my passion!

I definitely only produce high...only thing is when I'm really stoned and I come up with some dank shit in my head I often forget it like 2 seconds later when I go to lay down haha. I think its just preference

Hallucinogens now thats another story

Back