Weed and making beats?

man i been so high sometimes that i just get confused. it does make you more creative but when it comes to the engineering portion of the process it could make you lost. i remember forgetting how to use compression or reverbs when i was mixing whenh i was high. i think its best to lay something down when youre high then come back to it when your sober to do some fine tuning.

It would not say that weed does anything for the creative process too much.
More "advanced" psychedelics would be better if looking for that "creative" push.

Last edited:
well phife says....
"Talking 'bout I need a Phillie right before I get loose

Poor excuse, money please, i get loose off of orange juice"

Last edited:
If you don't know how to make beats then being high will not just make it come to you. But.. if you can focus while being high making beats is fuccin sweet.

i smoke and it helps my mood too each is there own individual opinion , as long as it dont mess wit my priorities im coo, then i smoke till i burnt out .. the worst can happen is i wake up baked and motivated to make another beat .. it dont slo u down iff u let it ...plus creativity comes when it wants like a feen ..

If you're a sample based producer go for it.

Sit down, listen to some nice vinyls and break it down from there. You do some critical analyzing on that record man and can map the song out in your head.

Don't do anything you don't want to though.

Its kinda double sided, like, Ive had some great musical ideas when high, but I cannot, for the life of me actually sit down and finish a quality track then, I just kinda sit there listening to a half done track again and again, thinking its the greatest thing ever

omg i do exactly this!

When I'm high I always think I have the greatest ideas for beats.

Then I listen to them sober and its a totally different story...

I suppose it depends on the persons usage and tolerance, I don't think being wrecked and tryin to work is for everyone, maybe someone should start a thread where people post the work they've done under influence then we could see the results with subcatagories- like weed, acid/ mushrooms, meth, heroin, alcohol, amphet, ecstasy etc... :4theloveofgod: in the cold and sober light of day, many of you will be surprised and more often than not pretty disappointed!

I suppose it depends on the persons usage and tolerance, I don't think being wrecked and tryin to work is for everyone, maybe someone should start a thread where people post the work they've done under influence then we could see the results with subcatagories- like weed, acid/ mushrooms, meth, heroin, alcohol, amphet, ecstasy etc... :4theloveofgod: in the cold and sober light of day, many of you will be surprised and more often than not pretty disappointed!

I like this idea, but people would probably lie about their usage to get plays.

producing on acid is hard. producing on shrooms is harder. producing on meth is easy. x the same way. coke the same way. crack never tried. heroin never tried but my bud did and played guitar, it was terrible.

producing on acid is hard. producing on shrooms is harder. producing on meth is easy. x the same way. coke the same way. crack never tried. heroin never tried but my bud did and played guitar, it was terrible.
shrooms and acid aren't that hard to produce on with a sampler but with a DAW nearly impossible due to stuff moving around on the screen. agree about the meth x and coke, although coke doesn't last long enough so you have to keep doing bumps.

Back