Weed and making beats?

When i smoked weed it did kinda make me abit more creative, well it made me think less about what i was doing and just did it, some of it was cool... most of it shite, think i have gotten betterr since i stopped though tbh

I dont smoke anymore, but alot of my friends told me to try it just once but peer pressure doesnt effect me like that lol. I kinda figure that if i did it anyway, ill most likley sit there..thinking a few patterns sound godly.

Dude, thats what happens to me if I go one too many. I ll just sit there listening to my 8 bars that I made 2 hours ago thinking this is what the world needs.

the real test is next day , when I am more or less sober and go through my stuff, if its still sounds nice I keep it and work more if not...discard

thats me right there, sometimes i get a bunch of ideas create quick 8 bar projects, come back the next day & delete half of them and start working on the rest

its a good think for me to smoke and produce because...creativity getting much much more...some sounds comin up inna my head

lol, I'm going thru old ass threads. My experiences say that smoking and making beats is great. ...buuuut if it's mostly indica i end up losing my focus. After that I usually notice i feel too lazy to get up, unless i have to go get something to eat. lol. I still have this love & hate relationship with weed. After few weeks of tolerance break weed always feels awesome. everything sounds 10 times better when making beats.

i pour a glass of liquor when im making a beat. it always helps me think outside the box. i go back to beats and think to myself,, shit,,, i know i was buzzing when i made that. Nothing wrong with taking the edge off

Off the toke officially as of yesterday (giving it at least 1 year - a realistic goal for me). Lots of reasons, but regardless, this will be my first attempt at making music sober in a very, very long time. I'm actually challenging myself to blast through the stereotype that drugs inspire better music. I excelled at music in school before I got lit, so I'm looking forward to what I can do with a clear head.

Last edited:
I used to toke and make beats. I had the same problem a lot of people already stated. I would be making something that sounded pretty good, but be so distracted with my high that a lot of the time I didn't finish the beat.

I do agree with what IPM said. I don't feel that drugs inspire better music. I used to toke frequently and make music but I cut myself off about 7 months ago and it's helped me greatly with improving my musical abilities and thought process. My head space is clear and I can actually get work done. Even areas in my life besides music have improved since quitting tbh.

I just started smoking again after 4 years. In college I would smoke heavy and make beats. These days I don't necessarily need it. I may take a few tooks to relax me but that's about it.

The thing is it makes you feel more relax and comfortable. But you can do that with alcohol as well. Even without using anything you can make great beats.

Back