Weed and making beats?

i'm not really smoking anymore. like once in 2-3 months... it's kinda hard cos all my friends are smoking all the time and everytime we're drinking they try to force me to smoke with them, lol. and we all know that 24pack of beer doesnt go well with weed. to me that ends up as throwing up, non-stop.

To each his own, some think they work better under it, others dont

for me when i smoke inspiration flow like its nothing when im sober i alwayls block cause i think to much but i do my mastering when im sober tought give me better result.

usually get too stoned to be making any kind of music. the feeling is to recieve and not create

I literally went through and just read all the comments, haha.

yea I agree it's different for everyone. For me personally ill find a sample or arrange a composition sober, go outside on a nice evening and take a few rips of some good chronic out the bowl and come back. It just relaxes me more and gets me thinking differently. But i don't prefer to go out and take blunts to the dome, I don't need to be baked out my gore to make beats. Just a nice high. But if I'm out of weed or whatever, I don't feel like I need to go find a sack just to **** with a beat. If I got some in my jar, ill pack it up or hit the one hitter a few times. But I sure as hell won't be blazed to the point where I'm listening to a kick and snare pattern for hours haha. If my homies are in the studio with me though, we usually get pretty drunk and blazed and have a damn good time ripping the booth up. Even if it sounds like shit the next morning it's funny.

Update: I am currently up there and I'm tinkering with a sleazy cartoonish hip hop beat in 14/16 time, it sounds hilarious right now, I'll see how it is in the morning.

Just depends, if you are a rookie smoker and cant function when high then your beats are most likely gonna be wack AF and your gonna get sidetracked often.... Frequent weed smokers like myself get more focused and creative when high

Last edited:
Frequent weed smokers like myself get more focused and creative when high

I don't think this is true. It only seems that way because if you're a frequent smoker, and you go without smoking, you'll become unfocused because of the side effects of withdrawal.

There is a LOT of BAD INFO from both the ANTI & PRO smoking camps out there.

Have you ever stopped for at least 6 months since you picked up the habit?
Unless you've done this I don't think you can be very objective about the subject of focus and creativity when it comes to puffing.

from what I understand this is how long it take for your brain to rewire itself once again

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend smoking that shit, especially not at a young age as you increase your chances of developing shit like schizophrenia if you have a genetic predisposition toward it.

there's two things i mainly like(d) doing before making a beat:

1) lifting weights or running or playing basketball, i feel awesome after.
2) inhaling a pound of dust or snorting ketamine or dropping mad tabs (trippy mane)

but ya i don't get high anymore so it's working out now, i find getting high is good for creativity at first but after prolonged use destroyed it in my case until i got off all that ****.

I use to smoke a lot, & make music! But the shit made me so paranoid that it was getting out of control. Even when I though my paranoia was dying out, I'd get high and start having crazy as thoughts. I be drug free for 4 months straight now, I feel better mentally. You don't always need to be high to be creative, it may help sometimes, but not all the time

I use to smoke a lot, & make music! But the shit made me so paranoid that it was getting out of control. Even when I though my paranoia was dying out, I'd get high and start having crazy as thoughts. I be drug free for 4 months straight now, I feel better mentally. You don't always need to be high to be creative, it may help sometimes, but not all the time

Same for me. I also became too lazy to finish the beat, when it didn't work out from the beginning.

Back