Thinkin of quiting music again?

dmajor100

It's been several months now since I made a beat and not even having a desire to create things or have inspiration hit me to make stuff. I. 30 yrs old with years of invested money in this since I was 19 and still have not made a connection,have any artist on my tracks or had a following of any kind. As I mentioned I have great gear from a motif,access virus,mopho x4,maschine studio and tons of high quality software that took years to get. All this stuff and I can't make hits or anything that excels of at years trying to be a producer I mean that's 15 years almost. A lot of kids are making better music but of course everything is handed to them with YouTube and pirated software but still. As I get older I think my dreams are changing and now this just feels like a chore rather than enjoyment like I used to have or tried to have when I was young getting high inspired by music and wanted to be that famous producer. From the few that say I have good music to me it just doesn't feel like enough and no one in my local town supports me even when they know I do music it just feels like I'm excluded cause I dont **** with them and their fake ass gangsta crews. I don't know what to to all my gear is just here collecting dust and My life is just passing by .

Last edited:
It's been several months now since I made a beat and not even having a desire to create things or have inspiration hit me to make stuff. I. 30 yrs old with years of invested money in this since I was 19 and still have not made a connection,have any artist on my tracks or had a following of any kind. As I mentioned I have great gear from a motif,access virus,mopho x4,maschine studio and tons of high quality software that took years to get. All this stuff and I can't make hits or anything that excels of at years trying to be a producer I mean that's 15 years almost. A lot of kids are making better music but of course everything is handed to them with YouTube and pirated software but still. As I get older I think my dreams are changing and now this just feels like a chore rather than enjoyment like I used to have or tried to have when I was young getting high inspired by music and wanted to be that famous producer. From the few that say I have good music to me it just doesn't feel like enough and no one in my local town supports me even when they know I do music it just feels like I'm excluded cause I dont **** with them and their fake ass gangsta crews. I don't know what to to all my gear is just here collecting dust and My life is just passing by .

Here you go again with this shit.
Boo. Hoo.
violin-steve-buscemi.gif

Youtube tutorials for software is not a bad thing :) Pirated software's double edged sword, although I stopped usin "demo" software it's definitely a nice way to see if it's somethin to go for. Reason 5 was definitely worth "demoing" for a couple years before gettin 8 lol. Although I didn't have to "demo" S1 they had a 30-day all features unlocked trial.

If you don't like all the little details of the field [synthesis, sampling,modular systems etc sound designing drumpads like padkontrols and experimenting wit arcade sticks as a drumming tool and all the various weird stuff] then it just means you simply are not interested in it.
Now, are you going to keep the maschine studio by any chance? Just curious.

​Go ahead and quit. It will help you to grow as a man. I am not even being sarcastic or funny.

Why waste time stressing out about something that brings you no money and no fun? There are so many other cool hobbies that people overlook out here. There are so many more interesting and cool and exciting people outside of the music world too.

Start to expand your interests and find a new calling or passion. There is a difference between quitting and quitting when you are ahead.

Quit today and do not look back!

Last edited:
My advice is to try and ditch the "famous producer" dream, and see where else you can go with your passion for music (if you still have it).

My advice is to try and ditch the "famous producer" dream, and see where else you can go with your passion for music (if you still have it).

I don't think he has the passion for music, though. He wants the fame more than he wants to do the music. All his rants are always about how people don't recognize his talent or genius. He isn't even interacting with other musicians in his town. So how is he going to do anything if he is not hustling and making moves? Making music itself is not going to get him anywhere.

That is why I think he should quit. Why get frustrated and mad about doing something he doesn't like? There are easier ways to make money and better ways to get famous. If he quits doing music, no one else will really care. Life will go on. He can find activities and hobbies and other ways to have fun and express himself.

I'd say forget about the music equipment. Let it collect dust. One day, you may find a young kid wanting to get into beatmaking. Just donate your equipment to him. He might blow up and shout you out. He might get frustrated and quit. But either way, it will not matter.

There are 7 billion other life stories out here. Moaning over music isn't an interesting story to tell. Do something else worth bragging about.

You should'nt worry about fame and money imo , you make music cause this is what you like to do and fame and money is just extra . Dont focus to much on fame and money and just enjoy making music and it may lead you somewhere sometime but even if you fail , you just spend time on making something you like like it was any other hobby . Even without focusing on fame and money and you still dont enjoy making music just take a lil break so maybe the inspiration and passion come back . Take some time thinking about it and if you still dont want to look back just sell your equipment and invest it in something that gonna worth it (other hobby that you may enjoy or whatever you want) . At the end of the day that is just my opinion so you do what you want .

I don't think he has the passion for music, though. He wants the fame more than he wants to do the music. All his rants are always about how people don't recognize his talent or genius. He isn't even interacting with other musicians in his town. So how is he going to do anything if he is not hustling and making moves? Making music itself is not going to get him anywhere.

That is why I think he should quit. Why get frustrated and mad about doing something he doesn't like? There are easier ways to make money and better ways to get famous. If he quits doing music, no one else will really care. Life will go on. He can find activities and hobbies and other ways to have fun and express himself.

I'd say forget about the music equipment. Let it collect dust. One day, you may find a young kid wanting to get into beatmaking. Just donate your equipment to him. He might blow up and shout you out. He might get frustrated and quit. But either way, it will not matter.

There are 7 billion other life stories out here. Moaning over music isn't an interesting story to tell. Do something else worth bragging about.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that that's what he's really after. Give up on music OP because you have no real passion -- the places you want to go require it. You have to work for it, so stop your complaining.

Quit dude, it's nothing to be ashamed about. Not everything is for everyone, I'm sure there's something you have a passion for that can contribute to society.

Everyone wants to be a chief but no one wants to be an indian

There's no "true motivation". Some of the best rappers in the world only rap about getting money, or getting fame, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just what he wants recognition and fame and money. Especially since that's right in line with what everyone else wants so you have a larger audience for your material. Shallow though somewhat but it could be authentic. I have a little bit in me that wants everyone else to quit so I can have the dream but that's no good.

Reflect on it and ask yourself why you started making music? Is it because of passion, hobby, interest? just for fame or money? After reflecting on it, that's when you decide if you should quit or carry on. I was in the same boat, quit twice already but always come back. Don't pressure yourself with music. Just do your thing. Try learning new stuff. There's always something to learn.

Back