Soundclick charts!!??

i just did it on FP^^^

my hello crooklyn joint got to #197

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty sad if you really think soundclick charts matter.
Not in the real world they do...

I got up to #14 back at around '03 - '04, i haven't been to SC in a good while. I didn't do anything really to promote my self, I posted on tihs forum and 1 other, I had a buncha "e-fans" that regularly visited and told ppl about me on their own

@ breal, while SC charts don't always reflect talent level, they do increase business. Rappers looking for beats are gonna hit the charts looking for good beats. And they are thinking, "hey if this guy is number 2, he must be good"...so basically it'll get them to listen

TekTraxMusicDotCom said:
@ breal, while SC charts don't always reflect talent level, they do increase business. Rappers looking for beats are gonna hit the charts looking for good beats. And they are thinking, "hey if this guy is number 2, he must be good"...so basically it'll get them to listen

Tru that...just another venue to promote yo sound.

TekTraxMusicDotCom said:
I

Maybe you're right..Everyone knows rappers are idiots

breal said:
Maybe you're right..Everyone knows rappers are idiots

It's called logic, if Jay-Z is #1 on Billboards, he must be there for a reason

Whats funny is I just was on myspace typing in random zip codes to see the indie charts and I clicked some guys page and the first song on his page had a tag on it that said "This is a White Hot Production" i was thinking "Damn, SC works"...

All my beats have gotten in the Top 100 of Alternative hiphop. One of them got to #4 on the Alt hiphop charts, and the highest I've gotten on the overall hiphop charts is #56. No promotion.

I've hit #5 in a sub-genre.. The soundclick charts aren't accurate at all talent wise.. Going through the top 50, and there are only a few I like..

decaturpolice said:
All my beats have gotten in the Top 100 of Alternative hiphop. One of them got to #4 on the Alt hiphop charts, and the highest I've gotten on the overall hiphop charts is #56. No promotion.

How'd you get #5 without promotion?? You on a bunch of soundclick stations?

Last edited:
Ali'i said:
How'd you get #5 without promotion?? You on a bunch of soundclick stations?

#4, and I don't think I'm on any soundclick stations. To be honest I'm not sure where all those plays came from, I don't go on any other music sites really except FP. I guess it started with some loyal friends who spread the word around

Last edited:
breal said:
well of course they dont matter....

IF...
1. you have ALL the time to promote on the streets, in music shops, in clubs, in music parties, with DJ's, with another promoter, and ETC. (which i dont have all the time for... )
PLUS IF...
2. you already have a few MAJOR! projects you're workin on. (which i dont right now.. )
PLUS IF...
3. you been in the producing game for awhile and you already have artists you can depend on buying your beats... (which im tryin to do with the "help" of SC and by gettin my music out there)

unless you have at least two of those things, any type of small success (internet charts, buzz on da street, or anything) would be GREAT!!
so i think they mean something!!!

sorry for the speach, but ppl who say things like this makes me :mad: because TODAY the internet is a powerful thing.....

MeetroMusic said:
Whats funny is I just was on myspace typing in random zip codes to see the indie charts and I clicked some guys page and the first song on his page had a tag on it that said "This is a White Hot Production" i was thinking "Damn, SC works"...
LOL.

You gotta think, last time I was #1 (Nov15-17) my 35 tracks or so (that are for sale/downloadable) got downloaded over 15,000 times. Sick numbers... and if 4-5 of those 15,000 downloads buy rights, I see some nice money.

The best time for me is 1 week after I was #1. That's when all the dudes have created reference tracks to my downloadable songs and come back for the rights/session files. I eat like a god-damn-hell-ass king.

breal said:
Reality check. It's not the actual ranking that we're after, it's the exposure that comes with being #1.

I was getting 50,000 song-plays and 8,000 page-hits a day at #1. Can't argue with those numbers.

Last edited:
WhiteHotPro said:
LOL.

You gotta think, last time I was #1 (Nov15-17) my 35 tracks or so (that are for sale/downloadable) got downloaded over 15,000 times. Sick numbers... and if 4-5 of those 15,000 downloads buy rights, I see some nice money.

D**n thats wassup!!
15,000 D/L's, thats the type of numbers im lookin forward to gettin?

plus i've heard of you alot of times (even b4 i've put my first beat on SC) so SC must do something for a producer if you can make it up those charts!
...congrats on da success homie!!

There's nothing great about being #1 on soundclick lol. Its just a chart and exposure for potential money. The money > the spot

KrrproBeatz said:
D**n thats wassup!!
15,000 D/L's, thats the type of numbers im lookin forward to gettin?

plus i've heard of you alot of times (even b4 i've put my first beat on SC) so SC must do something for a producer if you can make it up those charts!
...congrats on da success homie!!
When I was first starting out, I promote the hell out of my page. Now I don't have to do anything except upload new tracks and I shoot up the charts.

Trust me, put in the time/effort to promote your page (via paid promotion, myspace bulletins, myspace comments and messages, etc) and soon it becomes automatic once you get known enough.

A little bit of SC knowledge (from an SC guru :p)

1. Get yourself a domain and forward it to your Soundclick page. I got mine from godaddy.com for $9/year. Mine is 110beats.com, my partner/friend is blackfrostwhp.com
2. Get a Soundclick VIP page and have your contact information and payment options clearly visable
3. Use myspace to your advantage. I even went as far as to getting FriendBlasterPro and added hundreds of rappers, then left em comments saying I was a new producer on the scene, gave em my URL and told em to hit me up if they ever needed production. Every so often I'd send out a few bulletins, say, whenever I upped a new song or had a new "sale". Put your SC player on your myspace page and have it automatically play.

Those are just the basics, I could write a god damn book on how to be successful on SC. Maybe I will :p

So White Hot how do you advertiste your music? You let the artists license it or only stream?

soundclick.com/timelessmusicproductions

Since we're on the topic...

Never Mind...u just told me...lol

Last edited:
Xabiton said:
There's nothing great about being #1 on soundclick lol. Its just a chart and exposure for potential money. The money > the spot

well of course, thats the whole point for the SC charts or any other type of internet chart...to get exposure. (its nothin close to the billboards charts, we all should know that)
so for ME that exposure will be a great thing to build on!! :cool:

WhiteHotPro said:
When I was first starting out, I promote the hell out of my page. Now I don't have to do anything except upload new tracks and I shoot up the charts.

Trust me, put in the time/effort to promote your page (via paid promotion, myspace bulletins, myspace comments and messages, etc) and soon it becomes automatic once you get known enough.

A little bit of SC knowledge (from an SC guru :p)

1. Get yourself a domain and forward it to your Soundclick page. I got mine from godaddy.com for $9/year. Mine is 110beats.com, my partner/friend is blackfrostwhp.com
2. Get a Soundclick VIP page and have your contact information and payment options clearly visable
3. Use myspace to your advantage. I even went as far as to getting FriendBlasterPro and added hundreds of rappers, then left em comments saying I was a new producer on the scene, gave em my URL and told em to hit me up if they ever needed production. Every so often I'd send out a few bulletins, say, whenever I upped a new song or had a new "sale". Put your SC player on your myspace page and have it automatically play.

Those are just the basics, I could write a god damn book on how to be successful on SC. Maybe I will :p

YESSS, Thats some good advice right there homie!!!!
but i've been doing that for awhile now...minus the myspace bulletins and comments (dont really do those things). but if i did, i'd be on top in no time...so maybe i should start doin that? anyways...
I dont have my own domain, never thought about that B4?? might look into that...

Plus i got plenty of other things i do, 1 is i ask everybody i know if they have a myspace or whateva on the internet, could they post a widget with my beats on there page (with auto play)! I got over 30 ppl doing that for me right now....

So for anyone who wanna start some serious promotion, fellow WHP advice above me! it could help... :cool:

Back