To share, or not to share?

hendu12

For all the time I've been on soundcloud (about two years), I haven't shared somebody elses track ONCE. I know, it must sound strange right? I mean that's probably like second only to breathing in soundcloud. But here's the reason why I've never shared.

Back when I wasn't familiar enough with soundcloud, I'd click on an artist's page if I found a track I like by them. I'd usually want to hear more by them, but instead I'd hear all the music they listen to. Having to skim to find their actual tracks which at times wasn't very rewarding. Now of course, before you say that you click the Tracks tab, I know that now. The reason I don't share is because it makes me think that people aren't going to find my tracks as easy. I mean with the short attention spans of most people on the internet, it seems like you're giving them a few extra steps and they'll just give up and go elsewhere.

I have heard the advantages of sharing though, it gives the people you like more exposure, it makes the other person more likely to share what you have, etc. Am I right to be concerned about this? Should I go ahead and start sharing what I like now? Or should I just keep doing what I'm doing. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Then Again I just put stuff in wix blocks lmao.
I do reposts now but the way soundcloud's laid out jus had to wix stuff.

I used to share my friend's instrumentals.. Rappers would then send me messages like "Hey, that beat **** is so dope, I will pay anything!" ...yeah that's a beat I just shared, it's not mine. :4theloveofgod:

That repost thing is so cluttered asf I just playlist all my favorites.

That's actually brilliant. I repost a crapload of stuff to be frank. Its never really bothered me because I knew the Tracks tab was the most important place from the get go. But here's a tip when sharing your sound cloud page: I always include the tracks part in the url like so https://soundcloud.com/underminded/tracks

That way some one is taken directly to YOUR music.

Back