School Shooting.

If a country deems fit for it's populace to have fire arms , then IMHO it should be for the purpose of sport only .
Thus the weapons will be of that class only , IE no magazine fed weapons , no handguns , single shot bolt action rifles only .
You see , a single shot rifle suits sport , every other class of weapon suits shooting at humans .

If it was up to me , I would ban all firearms outside police and military forces .

Yes I know that the reasons behind events such as this as essentially social and mental health , but for feks sake , you have more chance of getting the guns off the street than the money from corrupt politicians to sort social problems !

There's over 300 million guns in the US. You wouldn't be able to ban them all. And **** a police state. This ain't Nazi Germany.

And gun ownership is not some privilege the country "deems fit". It is a RIGHT. And the 2nd Amendment was written with the intention to fight OPPRESSION, both foreign and domestic (shoot at humans), not for hunting and target shooting.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself. Over here in England civillians don't have guns to protect themselves and these types of shootings are very rare here. Anyway what exactly does having a gun protect you from?

Yes you do. And that's exactly why you over there in England lost the Revolutionary War. The 2nd Amendment was written with YOU in mind. Having a gun protects you from multiple things. Criminals and animals most notably. And although England has lower gun crime, it has more violent crime per capita. And that violence spiked when they started gun-grabbing.

Last edited:
There's over 300 million guns in the US. You wouldn't be able to ban them all. And **** a police state. This ain't Nazi Germany.

And gun ownership is not some privilege the country "deems fit". It is a RIGHT. And the 2nd Amendment was written with the intention to fight OPPRESSION, both foreign and domestic (shoot at humans), not for hunting and target shooting.

Yes you do. And that's exactly why you over there in England lost the Revolutionary War. The 2nd Amendment was written with YOU in mind. Having a gun protects you from multiple things. Criminals and animals most notably. And although England has lower gun crime, it has more violent crime per capita. And that violence spiked when they started gun-grabbing.

no guns means no need to worry about strays from gunfights. No mass murders like Columbine or VT. (try to go on a killing spree with a knife and see how far you'd go). And I'm not exactly sure how the lack of guns cost the English to lose the Revolutionary War.

Quite frankly though the 2nd Amendment is pretty out dated. It was written during and for a time when guns were much more needed. At the time it was written, most of the U.S. was unsettled, wild animals were often sighted near people, duels were still common and there wasn't a centralized police force. I say amend the 2nd amendment and make it so we only have guns for hunting usage

no guns means no need to worry about strays from gunfights. No mass murders like Columbine or VT. (try to go on a killing spree with a knife and see how far you'd go). And I'm not exactly sure how the lack of guns cost the English to lose the Revolutionary War.

Quite frankly though the 2nd Amendment is pretty out dated. It was written during and for a time when guns were much more needed. At the time it was written, most of the U.S. was unsettled, wild animals were often sighted near people, duels were still common and there wasn't a centralized police force. I say amend the 2nd amendment and make it so we only have guns for hunting usage

You aren't going to get rid of 300 million guns. And you'd have to ban steel, aluminum, and CNC mills to keep more guns from being made.

It's like trying to filter all the piss out of the ocean.

Last edited:
At this point the only person losing if you ban guns is the LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WHO SERVES AS NO THREAT. I'd lose my registered gun I'd only use to defend my family and call the police immediately after for a dirty throwaway I could freely use on the next guy to step on my shoes.

Or not have anything when the next guy who's shoe I step on happens to have a throwawy. lol.

I see no Hypocrisy. You can make that argument with almost any death or tragedy. "Oh your grandpa died well my grandpa died a month ago and not as many people mourned for him."

You see no hypocrisy in having a memorial service for 20 children when 16'000 are dying everyday when the problem could easily be solved by the united nations by stop spending all their money on military ?

hell, do you know that 80% of human population live on less than 10 ****ing dollars a day ?

You belong to a small group who lives in a ruled society with food and shelter, do you know that in Liberia 10 year old boys rape pregnant women and steal their money ? And that they eat dead people because they don't have any food ? And that's not even close to being one of the poorest countries, there's shit happening that no horror movie can show you right now, every 3 second a child dies

now...

now...

now...

This world is moving fast and cold, its us westerners that sit in our chairs all day and drink Pepsi while fantasizing over a more fun life

I agree, back when the second amendment was written the firearms were so crude that in order to use them effectively it was necessary to form sizable groups and act as a unit, these days a single mental defective person can accurately fire more than three rounds per minute, in fact the firepower of a single person can be close to that of an entire platoon of militia men armed with flintlock firearms and I don't think that's something that was envisioned by those who wrote the second amendment.

The last time firearms were used collectivity to fight government oppression was in order to maintain an institution of oppression known as slavery, so thinking that the right to bear arms protects people from tyranny is pure bullshit because it can work the other way too.

You aren't going to get rid of 300 million guns. And you'd have to ban steel, aluminum, and CNC mills to keep more guns from being made.

Even if you don't get rid of guns, you can stop manufacturing them. How many more of these massacres need to happen before people realise that the reason these massacres happen is because you can easily get a gun. While innocent people may lose out on guns for self defense, this movement would see a reduction in gun crime. Anyway have any of you guys ever had to pull a gun out on someone before?

^^^Have you? Not talking junk, ginuinely asking. As a kid I was throwing one in everyone's face. But not in years, never plan to again. Hope I never again have to.

See, it's an easy task to throw around a gun that does not legally belong to you, but once you've got one registered...no chance of being irresponsible with it...at least that's how I feel.

No I haven't used a gun before or had one in my possession. I don't ever feel I will be in a situation to where I need to use a gun.

That's the thing out of all the responsible gun owners you get those few irresponsible ones who ruin it for everyone. I still don't think it's a good idea to let people own guns but I guess if americans are in favour of it I cant judge since I don't live there.

You see no hypocrisy in having a memorial service for 20 children when 16'000 are dying everyday when the problem could easily be solved by the united nations by stop spending all their money on military ?

hell, do you know that 80% of human population live on less than 10 ****ing dollars a day ?

You belong to a small group who lives in a ruled society with food and shelter, do you know that in Liberia 10 year old boys rape pregnant women and steal their money ? And that they eat dead people because they don't have any food ? And that's not even close to being one of the poorest countries, there's shit happening that no horror movie can show you right now, every 3 second a child dies

now...

now...

now...

This world is moving fast and cold, its us westerners that sit in our chairs all day and drink Pepsi while fantasizing over a more fun life

Still I see no Hypocrisy in mourning something that's close to home. If I'm not supposed to mourn for Sandy Hook what should I do? say oh well and keep on moving? It's more relatable to mourn for the Sandy hook massacre if you live in the U.S. I went to elementary school, I have family who are in elementary school and it sends a shock down your spine that little kids aren't safe from a deranged gunman at school. I don't mourn for every African massacre because I know little of it and it's not as easy to relate to. Same in reverse too.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Not really too difficult to get rid of guns in the U.S. Offer gun turn in days where if you turn in guns you'll get paid for getting them scrapped. And then ban the manufacture and sales of semi-automatic and fully automatic guns in the U.S. It starts off with simple reduction of the number of guns

Not really too difficult to get rid of guns in the U.S. Offer gun turn in days where if you turn in guns you'll get paid for getting them scrapped. And then ban the manufacture and sales of semi-automatic and fully automatic guns in the U.S. It starts off with simple reduction of the number of guns

Then they get the guns illegally, i don't care what country you in, if you want a gun you can get your hands on one, crazy or not

Gun violence isn't happening because guns exist, its a problem within the society, a result of america's history in a way

Very disturbing...I believe HE geeking Lucifer head up...rope-a-dope shit...ya dig???

Then they get the guns illegally, i don't care what country you in, if you want a gun you can get your hands on one, crazy or not

Gun violence isn't happening because guns exist, its a problem within the society, a result of america's history in a way

There will obviously be illegal guns still left. I've never said there wouldn't, but as time goes on those numbers of weapons will be reduced. Think like how countries like japan have disarmed their public. It was a gradual process that took years upon years upon years. btw. I was the first one who said that a tragedy like this happening was a societal problem. a little bit more concern and notice of our fellow human beings would do a lot for preventing things like this.

4 things I want to bring up with this whoe thing.

#1. Obviously a great tragedy. It would be very easy to support a firearms limit or ban right now in this country. However, I did read this in a nother post and though it was a great idea.....costly, but a good idea. Start installing some kind of GPS/Tracking system inside these things. Make sure they never get close to a "safe zone" like a school or a high population area like a sporting event unless the number is traceable to a member of law enforcement. Obviously, there will still be illegal guns coming in from the borders, but a large majority will be trackable.

#2. Like I said, would be easy to support a limit or ban, but until we figure out a way to eradicate mental illness or find a way to stop people from getting so angry or living in such despair that they go and take it out on other people before themselves, then this stuff will continue to happen. Truthfully, it's just a sad fact of life. We can' t turn back the clocks. A few hundred years ago we created this evil, now we have to deal, live, and in some cases die with/by it.

#3. For the people that say these things will still happen if we did enforce a full ban of guns. I disagree with that notion: Yes, these people will still kill others, but I don't think in such large numbers. If you're using a knife, rope, pole, bat whatever, those aren't going to kill 20+ people in a few minutes, and they aren't long-range weapons. I don't think it would be long before people would be able to close in on the killer. I don't think they'd be as effective for use in mass murders. Bombs are another story however, and illegal guns would be possible still obviously.

#4. For the people that say well then we should ban cars too because they kill thousands of people every year too. This is true, however, in its purest purpose, cars were not created to kill things, human or otherwise. Guns are. They are/were used since their creation to either kill things, or protect oneself by method of killing an attacker.

All in all however, I'm not anti-gun. I myself don't have one, but I can see a logical use in them. For those out in the countryside where it can take police 20-30 minutes to get to a 911 call, it makes perfect sense to have a gun. Also, I'm every bit as skeptical of our government as anyone on these boards, so I do get paranoid over an attempted takeover someday. But I just thought I'd weigh on all this. Just hoping it's another 20 years or so before we have another school shooting this large. In the end, all we can do is hope, right?

Even if you don't get rid of guns, you can stop manufacturing them. How many more of these massacres need to happen before people realise that the reason these massacres happen is because you can easily get a gun. While innocent people may lose out on guns for self defense, this movement would see a reduction in gun crime. Anyway have any of you guys ever had to pull a gun out on someone before?

You can make an AR-15 lower in your garage. I know people who do it. Without registration. Legally. In one of the most gun-strict states, California. So there is DEFINITELY people who do it illegally. You can see a dude online that made an AK out of a ****ing shovel. And semi-automatic rifles only account for 2.8% of all gun crimes. The reason these massacres happen is because good people don't have guns. All of the massacres happen in Gun-Free zones. All of them. Why? Because they know they can shoot until they get bored, hear sirens, and kill themselves, or turn themselves in.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

We already have those, they are called gun buyback programs, and they don't work for shit. Probably why you haven't heard of them. There have been at least 5 over the country this week though.

Fully automatic weapons have been highly regulated since the National Firearms Act of 1934. You have to get permission from the chief of police/county sheriff, submit fingerprints and other info to the ATF, and wait about 8 months for approval to get one. And they've been used in crimes exactly 2 times since 1934, once by a police officer. The only people gettin' wild with fullys have them illegally.

Last edited:
looking ahead

Young people listen, when we plan wars, genocide, robberies, where there's more than 1 person chances are we can stop. But when a single person is so disillusioned and distraught about their own life so much that you kill your own mother can't be stopped. My take on this, he didn't get what he wanted from mom and felt the reason why is because her attention was always somewhere else. Yes her class room. He targeted those children for that fact. Jealous, envy and probably heartbroken. Misused and/or abused set this person off. We dont know all the facts, but I will say this. Christmas time is very hard on people who feel alone, I know for a fact. I've spent a few alone on bases in my room alone and as a older divorced man who's weekend came after the blessed day. I thank God that I had and still have tomorrow to look forward to. God Bless!

This is a very sad event, though I cannot help but believe that Americans gun laws are to blame. I heard somewhere that they blamed this on the fact that there wasn't an armed guard at the elementary school. How crazy and stupid to blame it on that...

^^^But not crazy and stupid to blame guns?

Question? If a kid get's killed by a drunk driver, do you blame the driver of the car, the car itself, or the booze? Do you then go on to question the legality of drinking and how responsible one should be to have a license?

Because while booze and driving are both legal, driving while drunk is ILLEGAL. Just like gun ownership is legal, but cold blooded murder is not.

We're just looking for something to blame because the actual shooter isn't around to face consequences of what he did and we feel someone has to.

No one blame the theatre shooting on "gun laws", because you can actually see the guy behind the killings rotting behind bars and feel justice has been served.

Last edited:
^^^But not crazy and stupid to blame guns?

Question? If a kid get's killed by a drunk driver, do you blame the driver of the car, the car itself, or the booze? Do you then go on to question the legality of drinking and how responsible one should be to have a license?

Because while booze and driving are both legal, driving while drunk is ILLEGAL. Just like gun ownership is legal, but cold blooded murder is not.

We're just looking for something to blame because the actual shooter isn't around to face consequences of what he did and we feel someone has to.

No one blame the theatre shooting on "gun laws", because you can actually see the guy behind the killings rotting behind bars and feel justice has been served.

This...

We can't change our entire society every time tragedy's happen, after 9/11 should we've banned planes ?

Back