Obama-Care forces (Olive Garden, Red Lobster) to make all Employees Part-Time

Kendall143

If you work at these restaurants you might want to now this...

The owner of Olive Garden and Red Lobster will shift more employees to part-time status in a trial designed to minimize the impact of new requirements imposed by the Affordable Care Act.Darden Restaurants, which owns the two chains among others, employs approximately 180,000 people, and will test the part-time strategy in four markets.

The Associated Press reports:

Darden Restaurants declined to give details but said the test is only in restaurants in four markets across the country. The test entails increasing the number of workers on part-time status, meaning they work less than 30 hours a week. Under the new health care act, companies will be required to provide health care to full-time employees by 2014. That would significantly boost labor costs for businesses.

About 75 percent of Darden’s employees are currently part-timers. [...]
This summer, McDonald’s Chief Financial Officer Peter Bensen noted in a conference call with investors that the fast food company was looking at the many factors that will impact health care costs, including the number of full-time employees.

http://freebeacon.com/olive-garden-others-to-cut-worker-hours-in-advance-of-obamacare/

Last edited:
I love that I work for a outstanding faith based organization that focuses on the healing ministry of Jesus Christ
and have excellent benefits
I have always worked for a organization that had great benefits I have only had 3 jobs my whole life though
as I work at one job for 13 years though

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

When a person works along time at a job the way you said.....It only shows loyalty, dedication and stability.
I can respect that Fataltone

I really don't think all the people voting for Obama ....know whats about to happen to them.
Now that he forced this to companies, there hands are tied and cuts have to be made.

The little guy at the bottom is the one who gonna get hit the hardest.

To Avoid Obamacare Restrictions, Companies Switch Workers to Part-Time

Last edited:
I pay for my own insurance...so...

Sux to work for barely nothing just to get told you're now gonna get less. But that was never the point of Obama Care, that's people finding loopholes...and quit acting like voting for Obama is gonna leave poor people in a worse situation than voting for Romney, lol.

Good to be in a place where I care less who wins.

Last edited:
I pay for my own insurance...so...

Sux to work for barely nothing just to get told you're now gonna get less. But that was never the point of Obama Care, and quit acting like voting for him is gonna leave poor people in a worse situation.

If this doesn't get repealed, it will make poor people have to work part-time.
Low income people need all the hours they can get. No person with good money is working the 'fast food job'....... Poor People are.

ObamaCare can get repealed, but if he is voted back in..... the chances will be slim
and there are other programs... he has implemeted as well.... this is just one.

But the majority of poor public don't know, just like your statement... can't see how it all effects each other

Last edited:
When a person works along time at a job the way you said.....It only shows loyalty, dedication and stability.
I can respect that Fataltone

I really don't think all the people voting for Obama ....know whats about to happen to them.
Now that he forced this to companies, there hands are tied and cuts have to be made.

To Avoid Obamacare Restrictions, Companies Switch Workers to Part-Time

cuts have to be made or cuts have to made to make share holders happy?

cuts have to be made or cuts have to made to make share holders happy?

No to avoid them penalties,
I'm glad I don't pay out insurance to people..... that would kill my business flat out.

HERE IS ANOTHER ARTICLE TALKING ABOUT THEM PENALTIES

Here's How Much The Obamacare Penalty Tax Will Cost You...

Many Americans are furious that Obamacare will require them to buy health insurance.

Most of these folks seem to hate the idea that Obama is forcing them to do something more than they hate the idea of shelling out money.
But for those who also care about the money, here are the details.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-m...#ixzz28plYyMQW

Last edited:
That's a bunch of bullshit. Most wealthy folks are republicans, so their saying the company line trying to convince employees to vote for Mitt. Matter of fact I just saw one story where the ceo said he would fire workers if Obama is re-elected (David Siegel Email To Workers Threatens Layoffs If Obama Is Reelected (UPDATE)). These companies ain't gonna have no financial problems because of the Affordable Healthcare Act. I mean you had the ceo of papa johns talking bout how pizza would go up like 10 cents, oh the outrage. kendall for someone who claims to be in the know, i can't see how u could post this bull. This is just politics as usual. Greed is good as they said in the movie wall st.

I wonder how Cuba and France,Canada do their (universal health system)
I haven't seen a change in my health care coverage at all...I guess I'm not affected.

as long as I take my health care screening/and do the questionaire on our intranet
if you don't smoke and do healthy weight lost you gain more points for even more cheaper payment.

Restaurants traditionally have weak benefits and most fast foods have high turn over most are like part-time anyway....
(at lower levels of employemen) if you move to management the benefits become pretty amazing along with the pay
I applied for a manager position at Burger King it would have paid me 45k to 55k
I also applied for a cook's job at a local sports bar that then wanted me to be their kitchen manager but I had to go to Chicago to be trained for a month
and that conflicted with my school I wish I was doing online classes and I could have went
but God placed me at the organization I'm at now and it's a blessings
I wouldn't want to be in management at my job now(at least not in the food and beverage dept.)
most ppl I worked with been at that job 10 to 40 years ...yes 40 years lol..
so most are middle class be working hard and saving.
I plan to do the same and do alot of side hustling through online ventures

I always wonder why ppl don't get health insurance????
they say they can't afford it ..but can you afford not to have it????
when cold workers get sick and go to the hospital it does affect your coverage (on the next go around when your company goes to get rates)
take the lowest coverage

DeRanged you go through Cobra or what??? for health insurance

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Good, why shouldn't they cover their employees?

When you get a little older and you decide you want to open a business.
You will not be talking like this ... guaranteed.

After the taxes hit your backside and then this.....your out of business before you even start. lol

When you get a little older and you decide you want to open a business.
You will not be talking like this ... guaranteed.

After the taxes hit your backside and then this.....your out of business before you even start. lol

A. Stop talking like you know me or what I do.
B. You obviously don't own a business that employs anybody.

why wouldn't they offer health insurance????
I never heard of a company that didn't

There are many companies that can't afford to offer insurance.
Especially for smaller business

Fewer Small Business Owners Can Afford to Offer Healthcare, but Split on Solution

http://www.spinsurance.com/press_re...usiness-owners-can-afford-offer-healthcare-sp

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

A. Stop talking like you know me or what I do.
B. You obviously don't own a business that employs anybody.

The Beat is Definitely Off!

Last edited:
There are many companies that can't afford to offer insurance.
Especially for smaller business

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

The Beat is Definitely Off!

So you employ over 50 people? I'd bet my life on it that you don't. Over 95% of small businesses in this country DO NOT employ more than 50 people and even by the slim chance you did have your own business you are not in the 4-5% of small businesses with over 50 Employee's so your argument is base-less and pointless and your transparent agenda is right wing based Obama bashing. So explain to me why 4-5% of small businesses having to provide health care is a big deal to you. Other than the fact you hate Obama.

So you employ over 50 people? I'd bet my life on it that you don't. Over 95% of small businesses in this country DO NOT employ more than 50 people and even by the slim chance you did have your own business you are not in the 4-5% of small businesses with over 50 Employee's so your argument is base-less and pointless and your transparent agenda is right wing based Obama bashing. So explain to me why 4-5% of small businesses having to provide health care is a big deal to you. Other than the fact you hate Obama.

First , I don't like Mitt Romney either, so you need to stop with what your saying.
I am not a republican.

Not here to argue. I know how passionate people are about the one.
But, the facts are the facts.... Obama is not what you think.

Put away your emotions and hype away ....and look at the substance of the man's policies.
Don't get caught up in the popularity hype.

Otherwise, the Beat will Stay Off!

Last edited:
First , I don't like Mitt Romney either, so you need to stop with what your saying.
I am not a republican.

Not here to argue. I know how passionate people are about the one.
But, the facts are the facts.... Obama is not what you think.

Put away your emotions and hype away ....and look at the substance of the man's policies.
Don't get caught up in the popularity hype.

Otherwise, the beat will stay off!

So you employ more than 50 people? Yes or no

I have 9 people.
Also, taxes for business are effected by what Obama wants to do.
If you were a business owner you wold know this.

It doesn't matter if you have 50 or more people, if you own a business ....those taxes that are due effect ALL business.
This is past just what Obama care does.....So you are showing your ignorance now.

Turn the beat on and learn

Obama Tax Hike Would Slam 620,000 Small Businesses

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/07/10/obama-tax-hike-slam-620000-small-businesses/

Last edited:
Back