Help me pass my degree <3 :D

TobyOrNotToby

Hey guys! I'm collecting data on what kinda of setups and budgets everyones making their tracks on and i'd greatly appreciate anyone who could help out :D

There is only 10 questions, all of which are multiple choice so it really shouldn't take longer than 60 seconds to fill out!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BKFZLD6

Much love <3

What's your dissertation on? Just out of curiousity...

The title question is pretty work in progress but "How has the technological advances of the last 20 years effected they way producers work today. Has becoming a producer become too easy and what effect has this had on the job market"

It changes slightly every day depending how strongly I can write about certain aspects of it but you get the rough theme. :)

Like a lot of these surveys I've seen, you leave a lot of nuances to your questions out, which is going to skew your data. For instance, I make most all of my living from music, but not producing (while I've been doing it for decades, there is little steady earning potential, as most everyone here knows). And, if you want more Americans and Canadians to participate, you're going to have to translate the education section a bit (most people will have no clue about "A Levels").

For a title, I might suggest something like-- "Technological advances of the past two decades and their impact on the music production sector."

GJ

done - I agree with gj that some of your questions assume too much about what was available to individuals at the point in their careers where they started using a daw (these were available in the mid 90's) the lists are limited and have a mid 2000's onwards bias e.g. Cubase has gone through 2 iterations of Cubase to Cubase 5 depending on whether it was the earlier version that was mostly vst driven or the alter Cubase sx/lx run that has now resulted in cubase 8

I'm trying really hard to think of a nice way to say this but struggling. So I'll be frank.

This doesn't seem like a particularly difficult thing to do to get a degree, and you don't seem to have put much thought into it and separating out all the nuances.
Your survey is going to be hugely biased towards a certain sub-set of people who use future producers frequently, I doubt you'll even find enough data to do any kind of meaningful analysis on this board hardly anyone ever visits.

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, we _do_ have a _lot_ of visitors promoting various "Baba-Ji" services...

GJ

I'd go one step further and point out that any day we have at least 600 different visitors sometimes even more - right now there are 1210 guests and 21 members

Back