Have Internet Ruined Music?

Just Clauz

Its another day, a new time with technological advancements like the internet that were supposed to make connecting and communicating easier. But has the internet cause the decline in music?

Its easy to call oneself a producer now. With free pirated software that can easily be obtained and work as a thousands dollar studio, a person don't have to grind for the money to buy equipment, and with easy communication to other people, one don't have to spend the time and work to built relationships, fanbase, deals ect.

But has it caused it all to be over-satuated? Would music have had better quality if it required the artist to go through all the hard work to realize his/her vision?

Would we have done better without?

Last edited:
Yes and no. There's definite saturation. There's a lot of FL pirated beatmakers out there. But at the end of the day, you will seldom see those people making it beyond their bedroom. True progress stagnates unless you invest in yourself and build relationships with other artists and your fans. You can't digitally replicate being part of a community, going to shows, radio play etc. As a whole though, the internet is a wonderful thing for music, look, we're here talking about it. You use digital contact to build off of something, or to help you reach like-minded people who aren't exactly neighbours. Half of my clients and collaborators are not from my city. Balance between real world and online is key. The trick is just to not try and take shortcuts either direction. I could care less how over saturated the internet is with cracked FL DJ mustard wannabes there are, because they are destined to stay in their bedrooms. I'm making my own moves.

The Internet making connecting and communicating easier came with a social cost and that cost is justified in the numbers of people who can't look at another human being without also looking at his or her's mobile device, tweens, teens and Millenials who will never know what it's like to know "proper" English to eventually use in a cover letter and/or resume without "text speak" creeping into it.

As far as music there is something good about no longer having to be in and from a stereotypical "music city" in order to make one's self heard but it is no less difficult to stand out in the marketplace than it was in the 80s and 90s and 00s. Just because someone had budgets for marketing in the era when the record deal was required for someone to "blow" regionally and eventually nationally doesn't mean that the amount spent immediately equaled success.

Last edited:
The universe will not allow things to ever be over satuated. What you are really witnessing is the awakening of reality as the old ways of how music reached the masses were controlled.

Music itself will never be controlled by anybody........maybe a cartoon villain will discover a way........on a cartoon......with some fuucking big ass missile/laser/****yourworldifidon'tgetmyway machine....

What you are witnessing is a era of time where the world is waiting to hear what you have to offer. It is your job to create and give it to them. NOTHING ELSE! The resources are here for YOU (not the over saturated mindset you have). Forget everyone else and let the universe develop because once you look outside of your self you end up in denial and thinking on how aweful it is that you paid over $4000 in software in your lifetime that some nerdy ass dude got a cracked version ( AND ENDED UP #1 ON BILLBOARD USING ONE OF THE SOFTWARE'S YOU SPENT YOUR HARD WORKING DOLLARS ON). Your focus is in the wrong area, just look at the guys on FP through the years who have gone up the ladder of success..............the keyword focus......you can't be focus if you worried about being pissed at others....that is their journey.....why worry about it? It doesn't change yours UNLESS YOU LET IT!!! And most of us LET IT.

Music is music! One is not better than the other. An orchestra is no better than a gm string......maybe that gm string is what's needed instead of wasting all of that money. Music is music. Street dudes might not want to hear Beethoven......or some married people music. Hell, you know what they call music I like? Skating Rink music. I tell them to kiss my ass mfer.........that's real music......real funk.....real r&b.......they make fun of the music I like and do the whop and the cabbage patch and shit.

It's your world. Where you are fuucking up.........you are not FOCUSED on your world. Or else saturation wouldn't be a question.

It didn't stop this dude....

Why should it stop anyone else? It's your world.

Last edited:
I want whatever you are smoking. You lost me at universe, Ms. Cleo.

Last edited:
As positive as I was dead gummit.....you want to come at me like that......so be it....be lost then.....in your "little" world....compared to the universe.

Last edited:
The universe will not allow things to ever be over saturated. What you are really witnessing is the awakening of reality as the old ways of how music reached the masses were controlled. Music itself will never be controlled by anybody.

Exactly...

Hell yeah, without a doubt. The Internet has made the entire world accessible in a click of a button. It has decimated entire industries, eliminating millions of jobs including the music industry. I now understand what the Unabomber meant when he said technology was an evil thing if left unchecked. Prior to that i was pro internet 150%. Some will also say three things destroyed the music industry.

1)The Internet
2)Pro Tools
3)Fruity Loops(lol)

Personally I own Fl studio and think it's one of the best DAW"s pound for pound out there. Then again, I stopped making beats about four years ago to focus on independent filmmaking.

Last edited:
The universe will not allow things to ever be over satuated. What you are really witnessing is the awakening of reality as the old ways of how music reached the masses were controlled.

Music itself will never be controlled by anybody........maybe a cartoon villain will discover a way........on a cartoon......with some fuucking big ass missile/laser/****yourworldifidon'tgetmyway machine....

What you are witnessing is a era of time where the world is waiting to hear what you have to offer. It is your job to create and give it to them. NOTHING ELSE! The resources are here for YOU (not the over saturated mindset you have). Forget everyone else and let the universe develop because once you look outside of your self you end up in denial and thinking on how aweful it is that you paid over $4000 in software in your lifetime that some nerdy ass dude got a cracked version ( AND ENDED UP #1 ON BILLBOARD USING ONE OF THE SOFTWARE'S YOU SPENT YOUR HARD WORKING DOLLARS ON). Your focus is in the wrong area, just look at the guys on FP through the years who have gone up the ladder of success..............the keyword focus......you can't be focus if you worried about being pissed at others....that is their journey.....why worry about it? It doesn't change yours UNLESS YOU LET IT!!! And most of us LET IT.

Music is music! One is not better than the other. An orchestra is no better than a gm string......maybe that gm string is what's needed instead of wasting all of that money. Music is music. Street dudes might not want to hear Beethoven......or some married people music. Hell, you know what they call music I like? Skating Rink music. I tell them to kiss my ass mfer.........that's real music......real funk.....real r&b.......they make fun of the music I like and do the whop and the cabbage patch and shit.

It's your world. Where you are fuucking up.........you are not FOCUSED on your world. Or else saturation wouldn't be a question.

It didn't stop this dude....

Why should it stop anyone else? It's your world.

You know, I think your right about this.

Come to realize that all the focus is gone. I hooked up with a rapper and a band months ago, but we aint release a thing. I don't think internet is bad, I actually think its one of the best thing in this world. It has opened up for possibilities, but its like a gift and a curse. It made things easier, but keeps takin our attention away from what we had planned to do.

I also belive that it has boosted lazyness. You know, when you planned to make some music, you feel like you are in no rush because its easy to get to make it and then release it on a webpage, and then go back to watching youtube clips or watch streaming movies/tv. Damn, its hard not to get distracted by it, its like a drug or something.

Last edited:
^^^^people who remain focus get the results they want and "deserve". We can name a lot of artist who we feel don't deserve what they got........yet couldn't walk up the steps in their shoes. Because of FOCUS. Internet doesn't make it hard..............focus is focus. The one's who are focused on where they want to be get the results they want.

Music uses both sides of the brain. So if you normally use 10% - 15%............imagine that! I wonder how much of the brain is used being negative on the internet? There it is.....one negative thing about the internet. Since like attracts like........you get more and more of the negative people getting together as they do outside of the internet. More and more class clowns.......more and more educated people getting together. You get to see the abundance...just a matter of where your focus is.

The Internet making connecting and communicating easier came with a social cost and that cost is justified in the numbers of people who can't look at another human being without also looking at his or her's mobile device, tweens, teens and Millenials who will never know what it's like to know "proper" English to eventually use in a cover letter and/or resume without "text speak" creeping into it.

:victory:
So true, my 16 year old cousins are very computer savy, yet their writing skills are horrible and they don't read enough. I never was an avid reader till recently but I read the paper daily and various sports magazines as a teen. America is in big trouble in the future when our video game kids will be thrust into the workforce as incompetent employees and executives. You know what that means, more work visas for foreigners who are smarter than our American kids.

Last edited:
:victory:
So true, my 16 year old cousins are very computer savy, yet their writing skills are horrible and they don't read enough. I never was an avid reader till recently but I read the paper daily and various sports magazines as a teen. America is in big trouble in the future when our video game kids will be thrust into the workforce as incompetent employees and executives. You know what that means, more work visas for foreigners who are smarter than our American kids.

But if they are thrust into jobs they aren't prepared for, who will stay and crush all the candy?

Although I'm one of the kids who found a "Demo" copy of fl studio, why blame imageline for what thepiratebay offered? Internet isn't to blame somewhat, I think torrent sites did that. And then, you have anime/tv shows on crunchyroll, youtube etc that made some people cable cutters haha. I think the issue is that the internet moves alttle too fast if you catch my drift. Torrent sites :/ the interview, game of thrones, avatar etc the internet is a mess lol

The internet has done some pretty cool things to music. An indie mentality came from it that was crushed before under the weight of industry

True, its now possible for indie's to do it big themselves, BUT, dont you think this has caused an oversatuation of artists? Its like it spawned too many people tryna get on in this rap game, it kinda makes rap loose its "Uniqueness" when every other kid can pick up a DAW and whip up a fast track.

I dont know, its just my opinion.

I think the internet and music production are not relevant. But technology, with respect to new digital software, has greatly impacted the music industry. We're in a new era now. Our music has a futuristic sound with some outer space style to it.

You still have to talented in music to make the grind pay off.

Back