Future Producers?

I've come to realise a long time ago that things are what they are independently of beliefs. So let people think what they think, it doesn't change anything.

Also why post this here? Seems like a really odd place to put this thread. :P

Last edited:
It all comes around to the same argument again.

Some people think making music should be difficult.

It is true that the average standard on future producers is lower than other forums, but that's only because this is the only site where newbies can ask newbie questions and get answers.

Last edited:
that's true. on a lot of sites, not just music related, the super noobs always take flak from the other members.

actually not that bad - some decent reviews/perspectives are offered and I would not be offended by saying we cater to a specific budget oriented group of producers

- it could have been worse as some of those that posted have no love for the moderation they receive here at fp,

- but they held their tongues and made comments similar to what every one who has been here more than a few years would make also

Last edited:
youtube videos dont help either, they give newbies the impression that everything is provided for you and its a case of dropping stuff in FL and you can bang out tracks in minutes. you rarely see producers working for hours on music, tweaking samples and gathering gear so theyre left with a false sense of belief that music is something anyone can do. its why so many people expect answers to things like copying music styles exactly without realising what it took to get to that level. GS heads know all about the graft thats needed and a few of us here also try to explain this to those wanting quick results.

The original post in that thread is a sarcastic dig, but I think more reasonable points were brought up by other posters later, including the OP.

There is nothing wrong with being new to production. There is nothing wrong with having a limited budget when you're new to production. There is nothing impossible about making a hit record on a low budget.

People forget where they came from - and I don't mean which forums they start out on. I mean, unless you're lucky enough to have a cozy financial situation and a background in music/audio, you know you started out on cheap gear and had a ton of "stupid" questions in the beginning.

Anyone who spent big money on their setup is gonna be jealous to see people cut hits on a cracked version of FL with no mouse or interface, like we saw from Lex Luger and others. And then when people want to emulate that success, its unreasonable? Not to me...

Last edited:
It is true that the average standard on future producers is lower than other forums, but that's only because this is the only site where newbies can ask newbie questions and get answers.

This.
Sadly I've had moments where I actually regretted asking something on Gearslutz, the state of mind among many people there can be so horribly wrong that they forget that it's actually a forum and suddenly believe it's some kind of high standard gentlemen club... :sigh:

Last edited:
Some photographers spend more time talking about their 5000 dollar camera than actually, you know, capturing photos.
Pete Rock made better beats with a simple sampler than any of those techboy producers today.. nuff said, imo.

Back