Thread: Describe Hip Hop in Three MCs

Thanks

Describe Hip Hop in Three MCs

Sign in to disable this ad
    If you had to describe Hip Hop using three MCs, who would you pick? I would choose Eminem because he's the greatest rapper alive, his songs touched many including mines and he overcame adversity by being a white rapper to dominating the Hip Hop game.
    My second MC is Nas because he is the epitome of flow and storytelling. His debut album is amazing and a Hip Hop classic. If you don't know the name, you shouldn't be here lol I definitely can't wait till his new album drops.
    My third MC is Rakim because he godfathered the flow used by and tweaked by some of the greatest MCs including me.
    So who are your three MCs?

Thanks
    Both Nas and Rakim inspire me to name a few but Hip Hop has simultaneously evolved and de-evolved. My current non-favorite, as I don't play favorites, is Kendrick as he eschews the expected narrative of a West Coast artist.
    "Rap is only one end of a whole spectrum of verbal play and virtuosity. Rap is geared for aural pleasure." Rita Dove

"Talent is pursued interest." Bob Ross

Thanks
    Instead of chronologically I'd do it regionally. Biggie (East Coast), Snoop (West Coast), and Andre 3000 (South). No matter which three you pick it's always gonna feel like something missing but that's my two cents.

Thanks
    As far as the classics go.. Tupac, Eazy, and Bone Thugs. Personal opinion there.
    But if you look at what's happening today there's J. Cole, Gambino, and then there's all the rappers that do the Migos Triplet flow
    Last edited by Amusing Music Inc; 03-01-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    Rakim, Snoop, Kendrick... not my 3 all-time favorites but they're a good representation of different styles and eras
    Hit me up on Facebook!

Thanks
    Genuinely tried to cut this down to three but I can't - thought of these guys immediately when seeing the thread title. That's a tough question man.

Nas, Common, Black Thought, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch & Andre 3000.

Thread Information