Any way to stop Soundcloud from posting promoted stuff I don't like in my stream?

I mean I'm sure young country superstar hunter hayes is great and supertalented but you are wasting your promotional dollars trying to sell him to me. You are wasting your money Atlantic Records! LOL.

You might be able to filter it out using AdBlock Plus with the Element Hiding Helper. I tried it and so far it works, but it might hide stuff worth seeing. I'm just not sure.
But here's what the filter rule looks like (a custom filter rule): soundcloud.com##.sound.playlist.streamContext

edit: yeah it unfortunately hides any playlists. but you could still click on individual tunes.

You need firefox or some other mozilla type of web browser to install the addons from https://addons.mozilla.org .

Last edited:
pretty simple: stop following back everyone that follows you. Or, if you really want to do it, check the profile first. Its quite noticeable when it's a "promo bot" by the sole factor that it only reposts things from other artist, never things from him/herself.

Back