is rock music dead

Rock music has no where left to go.

Every single song is guitars, bass, drums, vocals. Every single god damn song. People are getting sick of it. Hell, I don't even remember the last time I listened to rock music...

Rock music has no where left to go.

Every single song is guitars, bass, drums, vocals.

Lmao. Please leave this conversation. That is the most absurd thing I've heard. Look at how many sub genre's there are in rock made with "guitars, bass, drums, and vocals. Alternative and Deathcore have the same stuff and they're completely different.

Good songs come with good songwriting.

Rock is soooo not dead but as Forbidden_Silence said. People only want to put Justin Beiber, Pink or Rihanna on the Radio because it's what's popular now. But how many young garage bands say "ooooh we so wanna be a gay boy band like Justin Beiber."? I don'y know maybe a couple, :) But most bands started by young boys are rock, or screamo.

Rock is not dead, but It's just that the gay Pop singers get the most famous as well as rappers and Hip-Hop artists

Damn you Rebecca Black! :)

"Rock is dead'. Depends on what you mean. The idea of a rockstar being a drug filled , total sex addict, loud guy. Yeah that seems pretty dead. Does most rock play the blues scale, not so much anymore. But foo fighters will still pack a show, and so will green day show. Rock is changing, and the amount of people that listen to it seems to be lowering to a good amount. I wouldn't say rock is dying, but not as relevant for most bands. Probably due to the fact us lovers of rock tend to be extremely close minded about trying new things. That "things should be like the 70s" mindset really keeps alot of us from making new music

Personally, alot of rock on the radio tends to bore me. Just my opinion, i prefer more metal and hardcore. And those styles are not the most popular of course.

I end up just listening to the dance tracks on the radio. Lol i don't care. Those beats will drive people insane on the dance floor. And isn't that what rocks about too? Going wild.

Personally, alot of rock on the radio tends to bore me. Just my opinion, i prefer more metal and hardcore. And those styles are not the most popular of course.

Me too. The shows are so fun to go too.

Have you never heard of The Black Keys? or Wolfmother? They're great. i hate all these mediocre crap bands like nickleback...and...nickleback... BLEH!

Rock isn't dead, its just changed a lot with the advent of digital production. Linkin Park is changing the game, Black Keys as said above, its just different.

Eff linkin park. 311's new album is awesome.

gtfoh.jpg
gtfoh.jpg

gtfoh.jpg7character

Last edited:
Its dying in the sense that you have to sift thru most of the shitty rock on the radio to find something good, but its definitely not devoid of all creativity. Gogol Bordello, Modest Mouse, Queens of the Stoneage, Incubus.. still lots of good rock.

There are more big acts in rock who are making money. But the NYC market just lost it's only rock radio station. I found that alarming. Maybe the radio stuff isn't for me, but it would be nice if rock radio was still around for potential new fans. There's nowhere on my dial to even hear Incubus. Sure, people can find their music online, but if some people don't even know who to look for, they may get discouraged.

Back