Rock Bands performing with Orchestra

JustFingers

I was watching the Led Zeppelin Kenedy awards today when two sisters (forget the name of their band) done this tribute to Stairway to Heaven and the performed it with a string section and a choir. I was absolutely blown away by it. made all the hairs on my arms stand up

I started watching more of this type, turns out theres quite a lot, ive seen it all before but never paid much attention too it, i watched Metallica perform Nothing Else Matters with an orchestra too

Has anyone tried to emulate this music by themselves, its something id love to get into making. Guitar Solos backed up by a string and horn section is amazing in my opinion

There's this version of Kashmir performed by the London Philharmonic that just blows my mind of how epic it sounds. You can also check some of those albums where they performed famous songs by famous rock bands via a quartet ensemble (string quartet tribute to (band name)). There's tribute to pink floyd, muse, radiohead etc. Hope this helps :)

Metallica did a whole show with an Orchestra, that was pretty cool as a one time thing. I'm glad they didn't make that their standard setting.

Last edited:
Back