Math rock is incredible

Inverted314

BOOM BAP OR DIE
Anybody else listen to math rock?

It's ridiculously cool. All the crazy time signatures contrast with eachother beautifully and make rhythmic hypnotic music.

Why, yes it is!

You have to be in the mood for it. This is probably the most hip-hop related math rock group, (lol) Battles. Always on the look for more. You have to be a bit of a blog whore to keep up with math rock. Guilty as charged.

Glad you guys put up some other examples besides Minus The Bear. That's all I'm really familiar with in that genre. Good stuff.

Why, yes it is!

You have to be in the mood for it.

I definitely agree you have to be in the mood. For hip-hop instrumental music I like to listen to like Nujabes, Ayur, Fat Jon, Shing02, Kondor, Blazo, etc. That mellow mood stuff.

Math rock is great though when you want some crazy magical tunes. It's so spastic yet harmonious!

Glad you guys put up some other examples besides Minus The Bear. That's all I'm really familiar with in that genre. Good stuff.

Minus The Bear is kinda the default math rock group, but they are well deserved and have some GREAT tunes.

If you guys know The Fall Of Troy, it's a math rock/hardcore band. Great stuff if you like it a little heavier.

I'm surprised this thread even got comments! I figured this would rot to death in the internet graveyard. Glad I'm not the only one!

I love these type of riffs.

Last edited:
Here's a few for those who like it even heavier. :)

Good stuff. It hadn't even dawned on me that Meshuggah fell under this category.

Yeah, Meshuggah does a lot of insane stuff with time signatures and polyrhythms.

check out some Don Caballero ("American Don" is normally the first song i suggest), Hella (their earlier stuff when they were just a two piece), or Ruins (the Japanese band).

those are some of my favorite math rock bands right off the top of my head.

Last edited:
You could try also DJentle, it is some sort of metal counterpart of mathrock.

Last edited:
Damn.
Came up on some dope music in this thread.
Mathrock was something I've been meaning to check out.
You guys have any more artists to check out ?
Maps & Atlases is a very dope band.
Tree,Swallows, Houses = That sh1t.

Check out this town needs guns, colour, tera melos, battles, don cabarallero, adebisi shank and tall ships if you haven't already. all dope bands

Last edited:
The Dillinger Escape Plan and Botch are dope. Calculating Infinity and We are the Romans are my favorite albums in this style, even if it's more Mathcore than Math Rock.

Back