Beauty @ 2:37

That'd be a poor joke if there ever was one.

Please don't tell me all you listen to is hiphop...if you haven't expanded your musical tastes beyond "marvin gaye" then you might as well hang up the towel.

Nah, the track is wack.

Listening to a wider range of music does not make you better. Why do people think that it does? LOL.

You posted in the R&B/Hip Hop part of the "mostly hip hop/r&b anyway" forum.

Even from a non-hip hop purist point of view, this is wack. There are millions of billions of melodies that are easily better.

No, because this is an internet post and means nothing to me. Lol.

If yall don't want to enjoy the Smiths, then it's your loss.

:)

That'd be a poor joke if there ever was one.

Please don't tell me all you listen to is hiphop...if you haven't expanded your musical tastes beyond "marvin gaye" then you might as well hang up the towel.

Don't jump to conclusions. My musical tastes are just a diverse as yours if not more diverse. But if you think that was something special, you might as well hang up the towel, or start washing them because that "beauty" was average at best.

Don't jump to conclusions. My musical tastes are just a diverse as yours if not more diverse. But if you think that was something special, you might as well hang up the towel, or start washing them because that "beauty" was average at best.

Not trying to have an e-fight with anyone. Please go about your day.

that **** was dope. it had that little lite subliminal quality that used to **** me up when i was little. you know that little spot in the back of your mind that you could really get away to. like the ending of "Hey Papi" when that ill ass guitar riff comes in towards the end.

i'd give you the dap and ask for more music.

F the haters homie...I was feelin it

Imma be real. when I first heard The Smiths I said "wow this sht is gay". Because it's totally not what I'm into, musically.

But then I got their first two albums, and I decided to have an open mind. Right off the bat, the difference between Smiths and most of the pop/soul I like (MJ, Prince, The Gap Band, Stevie Wonder, Rick James) is that there is less of an emphasis on the beat. You can BARELY dance to this ****, or nod your head.

But the lyrics, the guitar and bass, they all have their own emotive properties which make for great music. It's not for everyone. But the lyrics are very real, and the instruments are awesome. I suggest getting their The Smiths, Meat is Murder and The Queen is Dead for a bizzare, refreshing experience. Who knows, it may inspire your hip-hop career...just don't count on clearing any samples...

...the difference between Smiths and most of the pop/soul I like (MJ, Prince, The Gap Band, Stevie Wonder, Rick James) is that there is less of an emphasis on the beat...
That's not the only difference though, is it?

I mean, no hate. As you correctly say, its not for everyone. There are a million and one other factors that make MJ, Prince etc much better than The Smiths.

i'm sure many folks prefer the smiths over prince or mj...and their fanbase is growing with all the social networks and ****,check the number of plays on last.fm for example. and they never had those multimillion recording budgets like mj or prince.:cheers:

Back