Whats you're favourite genre of house?

Does techno count? Many people used to think of it as something distinct from house but I think these days it's probably a sub-genre.
If so then techno; minimal techno

Also occasionally a little bit of progressive psy-trance if that counts as well

i need to get up on some good house. I used to hate on EDM but recently I found out I like some future house/future bass. Some of the popular big room is OK depending on the situation I guess, but studying the genres more now I see that's sort of the "mainstream" industry boogeyman that everyone hates.

I just looked up "progressive" mixes and that's chill. I'd like to make something along these lines. I'm really looking for a vocalist. Or trying to figure how I can remix something without getting my hands on pro stems.

I like some trap too I guess. Sometimes I think I hate music.

I have no flippin idea.. house seems to be the most obsessed with breaking itself down into a million insignificant subgenres, I don't follow.. I like good groove.
Genre has no bearing on how I find and listen to music....which probably doesn't make me much of a house producer, haha.

Deep US 90s House, then UK Breakbeat House a close 2nd

I have started listening to house around 2004, by moving from Tiesto's trance to more of a Deep Dish sound. I went through all stages: progressive, tribal, electro-house, funky, minimal, deep-lounge, future...and I think it's good thing to like stuff from every sub-genre. At the moment I'm into Andhim's superhouse (good melodies but not cheesy, interesting and organic drums) and Joris Voorn's melodic-house (his instrumentation has a particular swing that makes you dance and the melodies go from subtle to emotional but there is always something interesting going on).

Back