What songs got you into electronica?

Daft Punk around the world, I'm so main stream.
Also, Blackmill at his time got me into a genre called "Music" lol, melodic dubstep.

Just listened to DJ Tiesto 'Adagio For Strings' and yeah a great tune that. Kevin & Perry Go Large In Ibiza haha! All I wanna do is do it haha!

I shoulda mentioned, anything off The Prodigy's first 2 albums, Experience and Music For the Jilted Generation. Also, Moby, fantastic. Born Slippy by Underworld too, oh and Robert Miles first album with Children on.

This track too:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOymNMCbvog

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAnKnxuD3FU

and there's a great new Deep House version:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbGH629a214

Last edited:
Definitely Kygo's remix of M83-Wait! There was something about the largeness of the sound that really got me hooked.

Back when I was a kid I first got into electronic music with The Crystal Method "Trip Like I Do" and Orbital "Halcyon and On and On".

I really loved Happy Hardcore as a kid. Children Of The Night was my song when i was 8 years old which was basically the first time i fell in love with a piece of music. I also really loved Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo.
I think they had great catchy songs and great singers on it.
But as a teen i got into Hip-Hop and faded away from House. In the 90's all EDM was called House basically as i remember.
Hardcore was a sub-genre of House basically.

I always liked House music just didn't like those gay hipsters that where all over it.

I originally got in to electronic music from listening to industrial bands. Stuff like Front Line Assembly, Hocico, Suicide Commando, The Synthetic Dream Foundation, Skinny Puppy, etc. From there I have just branched out continuously.

My first song ever was 2 Unlimited - No Limit, and on my 12th birthday I got from my parents a surround stereo set. Also I get a "Damn! cd" with very cool stuff, like "Tiësto - Love Comes again" and Special D. - Come with me (Anyone knows this guy?)

my own track Deception ( i think this is the future of EDM music) :D i love myself just this track released by ubuzzin company last week
hardwell spaceman
kshmr jammu
bobina refuge

Levels - Avicii got me into the mainstream and then i started at other electronic music. I guess I'm a fairly new listener compared to most of you haha.

I really can't say it's just songs. I got into electronic music through Orbital, The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, and The Prodigy. Aphex Twin got me into weirder stuff a bit later on.

Hello Dudes!

Yeah, I think in my case following artist were the reason why I've started listening to electronic music in the 90s:

• Marusha
  • Happy Hardcore
  • The Prodigy
  • Bomfunk MC

Cheers from Austria, cueless

Last edited:
Listening to Avicii mixes on YouTube got me into really mainstream house, and then a friend showed me Zomboy's "City 2 City" and I fell in love with Dubstep.

Bad Boy Bill, early Steve Angello, DJ Dan, Donald Glaude, local DJs from Chicago on the radio when I was 12

Back