What hooks you into a (Progressive, Future, Electro, ETC) track?

HetanPatel

Whenever I start a track I like to think what should I put in the intro to gain the attention of the listener, although I have many intro ideas I want a larger perspective, so what hooks you into track?, personally I'm into a more orchestral vibe (All dark and stuff) when it comes to intro but I would love to hear your opinions!

Most of the tracks I like pull you in quickly. They don't waste too much time on introductions. That being said, I do like more slower intros as well. Adding something that is unexpected is usually my technique for interesting openings.

when it comes to electronic music, if it's 4/4, then a good baseline or a good kick drum. I'm not too crazy on melodies in electronic dance music.

Really deep, dark and mechanical type industrial sounds pull me in. A lot of new tech-house, electro house and different techno genres have a lot of that sound.

I'm really into what feelings I get from the melody. A good, catchy, emotional melody can speak to me in ways that lyrics just can't. That being said, the sounds have to resonate with the melody to make it pop, otherwise it's a dull melody

Surprise.. if there's nothing that surprises I basically no longer pay attention... there's too much music and too much formulaic shit to bother with.

Back