Welcome to the new TRIP HOP FORUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BomberMan said:
is DJ shadow trip hip? I never heared any Portshead...

--Bomber

please get up on portishead..Beth Gibbons solo stuff is not good.. They say some of DJ shadow stuff is trip hop..

Okay...ill try to get my ears on some portshead

--Bomber

And if you need to visit a website to learn how to become the "ish" then you've got serious problems with reality.

In the words of KRS1 "rap is something you do, hip-hop is something you are".
You can't LEARN about it, speaking the "ISH" just makes you look like a fool. Peas.

Rwafish said:
And if you need to visit a website to learn how to become the "ish" then you've got serious problems with reality.

In the words of KRS1 "rap is something you do, hip-hop is something you are".
You can't LEARN about it, speaking the "ISH" just makes you look like a fool. Peas.

funny..dont get touched b/c you was quick to respond to something you didnt understand. I'm just saying why dont you ask someone to elaborate before just blabbing stuff out. And your'e not exempt from using broken english neither.. And i live hip hop from day one of me opening my eyes in some of chicago ghetto neighborhoods all the way to the studio we rep at.. thx for referring to hip hop in a electronic music forum. nice.. And learning is what we do for the rest of our lives we will always learn something, if your'e that closed minded that you dont want to learn then leave this site b/c that's one of the main reasons why mano created this site.. in the words of a old school rapper "check yourself before you reck yourself"

Okay, you done? I think its getting a *little* off the topic.

--Bomber

Who are you to tell me to leave the site!??
I come here because i produce music. All I've evr seen you do is talk about it!
If you want to talk about music there are plenty of forums for it.

BomberMan said:
Okay now, enough with all the arguing!

--Bomber

Your'e right Bomber. I just responded to his dumb atempt to "try" and correct something that wasnt a mistake. He had an attitude and i didnt appreciate it. I just wanted Raw to next time read carefully before he says something. But your'e right bomber. But check out dummy" by Portishead i love that album!! "it could be sweet" and "roads" are the best songs to me..

Aight cool, thats sorted.
Yeah will do J, thanks for the suggestion! :)

--Bomber

BomberMan said:
Aight cool, thats sorted.
Yeah will do J, thanks for the suggestion! :)

--Bomber

no probl..let me know how you likin that music.

I had a listen to a sample on Amazon, and it aint bad. A bit differant to what i thought it might be like, be genaraly okay. Portished probably wouldnt be an artist I would listen to heaps, but its got a real "easy-listening" feel to it.

--Bomber

BomberMan said:
I had a listen to a sample on Amazon, and it aint bad. A bit differant to what i thought it might be like, be genaraly okay. Portished probably wouldnt be an artist I would listen to heaps, but its got a real "easy-listening" feel to it.

--Bomber

What type of trip hop do you like? I have all types i can refer you..

just started another thread dedicated to the fine art of trip hop in the electronic music area. This is purely for posting tunes that must be listened to by any budding trip hop enthusiast. I,ve already mentioned, portishead, massive attack, aim, air zero 7, royksopp, some bjork, coldcut, sneaker pimps, slum village, mc solaar, WAX TAYLOR, faithless and any tack tricky is in. any more ideas would be great.

sorry to all those who think the trip hop sound was started with portishead............. in bristol.oh you sorry sorry people. Play teardrop (massive attack) or even wandering star (portishead) then Listen to Marvin Gaye's inner city blues (makes me wanna holler){With the Bass Turned UP to MAX} and Tell me that wasn't trip hop.

alot of the time music is about the movement and its social influences rather then just its 'sound'.
what u said is a bit like saying The Winstons who released the song Amen, Brother were the first jungle/drum 'n' bass act

dJ 0z0ls said:
alot of the time music is about the movement and its social influences rather then just its 'sound'.
what u said is a bit like saying The Winstons who released the song Amen, Brother were the first jungle/drum 'n' bass act

owned :)

I don't disagree dear sir, and you are right, a lot of the time the "name" given to the sound is dictated by the social movement. But the original sound would have strongly influenced the genre, and thus the scene may have been orignal but the sound "second hand".......................

trip tony said:
sorry to all those who think the trip hop sound was started with portishead............. in bristol.oh you sorry sorry people. Play teardrop (massive attack) or even wandering star (portishead) then Listen to Marvin Gaye's inner city blues (makes me wanna holler){With the Bass Turned UP to MAX} and Tell me that wasn't trip hop.

I think it was influenced by old soul and hip hop music. I love trip hop,i've been really exploring triphop for 2 years now and it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back