Welcome to the new TRIP HOP FORUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it is either, one you Trip Hop producers post a link to some of your Trip Hop.

Wals Kronkite said:
Now how about a "beat-making video forum" :victory:!!!

that would nto be a "forum" per se - it would be a thread - and there are many existing ones

:)

all so called 'trip hop artists' hate that expression hahaha, dj krush referes to his music as 'krush' and shadow despises that term too.... but if u wanna listent o some sick 'trip hop' u might as well click my link
come on, u know u want to

You have some pretty nice stuff on your site dJ 0z0ls. Most of the tracks sound like regular sampled hiphop beats, but only twice as ambient and with more creative drum patterns. I could definitely see myself experimenting with this stuff in the future.

Prefuse73 is trip to me. I'm not too hip on as many trip hop acts as I'd like to be. Shadow, Portishead, Tricky, and Coldcut is where my list pretty much begins and ends. yeah all of that Ninja Tune ish gets the vote.

Yeah, thank you Mano 1. Great to have a board with a new genre added! I am exited to learn more and hopefully throw in a couple of things myself.

Wow fp gettin Bigger!! thats cool

Btw- Wats trip hop?

lol Just Kidding- i know wat it is

:p

Aight, I know this triphop forum hasn't been posted in a while, I was searchin and found it...
So is Trip Hop like Ninja Tune sounding stuff? For example: Dj Vadim, Kid Koala, Dj Shadow, RJD2, Skalpel, Blockhead...is that the stuff generaly named TripHop? That stuff I really love...but I don't actually know the proper name for it. Although I have heared some call it Experimental, Organic or Abstract HipHop, I duno what it is. Enligten me!

--Bomber ;)

OsamaPigLatin said:
Prefuse73 is trip to me. I'm not too hip on as many trip hop acts as I'd like to be. Shadow, Portishead, Tricky, and Coldcut is where my list pretty much begins and ends. yeah all of that Ninja Tune ish gets the vote.

Try Fila Brazillia, The Herbaliser, Massive Attack some early Morcheeba.

urbanspirit said:

The following is a quote from the ishkur's guide to electronic music website:

"Trip hop aka db hop, Brit hop

The British music press really only call it this. Everywhere else it's just seen as another welcome addition to the post-hip hop, downtempo breakbeat movement. Everything ambienty and jazzy included. Only this is reeeeeeeaaaaaalllly slooooooooooowww, with female vocals that don't sing insomuch as they just droll around like they quaffed too many quaaludes. Bristol seems to churn out artists the way Seattle churns out grunge bands. I don't find it as fun as the others, though. Leave it to the brits to dullify yet another promising strain of music."

hm.. LOL

i like to listen to Massive Attack

though!

Who is this guy ishkur?! iF you think Portishead sound dull, you need a hearing aid. As for dullifying music, who brought the world Puff Daddy/Tupac and Who brought the world Massive Attack/Roni Size? Case CLosed.

--

Rwafish said:
Who is this guy ishkur?! iF you think Portishead sound dull, you need a hearing aid. As for dullifying music, who brought the world Puff Daddy/Tupac and Who brought the world Massive Attack/Roni Size? Case CLosed.

Haha, so true about the Puff Daddy thing! Check out Ishkurs site. He is Pretty Over Opinionated, but man, this guy is funny. He seems to hate anything labeled "progressive" for some reason...and really hates "2-step garage" and so on. Anyway, check it out: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
Its good to explore, very informative.

BomberMan said:

Haha, so true about the Puff Daddy thing! Check out Ishkurs site. He is Pretty Over Opinionated, but man, this guy is funny. He seems to hate anything labeled "progressive" for some reason...and really hates "2-step garage" and so on. Anyway, check it out: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
Its good to explore, very informative.

that ishkur is well funny! his hounesty is proper refreshing haha

Ha, I think the best thing he talks about is the Jpop one, and the Speed Garage one (which I think is his lest favorite music :) )
--Bomber

Prefuse73 is was up!!!! i think he's electronic/trip hop to me.. Portis head is the ish..I got exposed to trip hop in 03 while at my second college. and havent turned back sense.. So i'm here to learn more about this genre, i have a nice amount of knowledge this genre too. Anyone like TEl Aviv "sound in a dark room" is the shyt!!!! that's like electronin/r&b ish...

Portishead is nothing to do with "ish". trip hop originated in Bristol with Massive Attack etc. Portishead are as trip hop as you can get. If you weren't there don't assume you know what your talking about. Read your history first

Rwafish said:
Portishead is nothing to do with "ish". trip hop originated in Bristol with Massive Attack etc. Portishead are as trip hop as you can get. If you weren't there don't assume you know what your talking about. Read your history first

slow down homie when i say "ish" i mean "shyt" its called ebonics...research something or kick rocks.. and in the words of a b-boys.com legend allstarz77 "I'ma make it short and simple your'e a bytch"

Last edited by a moderator:
is DJ shadow trip hip? I never heared any Portshead...

--Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back