Wave Music: The New Sound

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Wave Music: The New Sound | epsilon144.com
Wave Music: The New Sound | epsilon144.com

A new sound is emerging from internet based genres and hip hop. There are a few articles talking about this new genre, but I just wrote one of them. I think "Wave" definitely has a unique sound and there are many artists producing it. If it was only one artist, meh, it probably wouldn't become a genre classification. ...but when 20+ artists produce it, and all of them are successful with it, it might be turning into it's own genre.

On top of the many artists and huge landing hit songs, older already established artists are supporting it big time and curating a big team of artists. The big powerhouse behind this wave sound is Plastician, who just left his post at Rinse FM.

here's my article on the new wave sound --> Wave Music: The New Sound | epsilon144.com

Please check it out! (...and browse around the site too). It's a fairly new site, so I'm really trying to get people to peep it. No spam intended, it's all good information.

What do you think about wave? I think it's a super cool sound, and it's honestly all I really listen to now. The sound is so nice because it has new melodies. Its actually pleasant to listen to, unlike "brostep". And I love the hip hop/trap style drum beats. it's a really nice fusion of electronic melodies and hip hop/trap beats. Check it out!!

Peace.

Last edited:
Meh.. to be honest, I don't hear anything that I haven't been hearing for a long time. I guess you could call it a specific sound, but it's not new... overlooked maybe, but there has always been dubstep with that airy, wavey synth sound. I'm thinking of Hyetal, Ital Tek, Phaeleh, a lot of cats really.

I'm not a fan.. too clean and wavy for my taste.

My new sound would either be the stripped bare, hybrid warehouse sound like Dekmantel, R&S Records, Livity Sound..
..or the super fuzzy, kinda cheesy very lo-fi takes on house you have a lot of now. I've been playing the crap out of things like Palms Trax, Project Pablo, Ross from friends, DJ Boring. That stuff is fun.

lol, I like hip hop beats. They're more complex than a 4 x 4 dance beat, ...and now we're getting hip hop beats with cool electronic melodies, whaat?! I mean LuckyMe. had that vision in mind too, but these new wave melodies are different. They're spacey and like back in harmony instead of being all over the place. I think these new wave guys are nailing it.

...all in a person's personal taste though, of course. :)

Last edited:
Hah, I used to hate 4/4 beats, now I love them. I don't know why that changed. I still try to turn them into something more interesting than counting the beat ;) I anything I use more drums per track than I did when I did breaks.. lol.
Definitely getting back into breaky things lately though.

I'm not trying to be too negative about this stuff.. it's refreshing in that it's not futurebrostep ;)

hahaha, ya man. I hear ya. ...We'll see what happens in America. We always seem to do something off when we try to make British/European music. There are some good California guys in this new wave music scene though! There's 1 (or 2) from LA and 1 from Humboldt.

Last edited:
Back