Trance Music Producers

@ashhole
Nice job with it :) I really like the breakdown you have

I LOVE TRANCE!! Once i hit 20 post i'll put a link of my latest trance track for you guys to download/enjoy!

wow thank you everyone for your wonderful comments! really means a lot to me and is very inspiring :)

this next track that i'm working on also has somewhat of a 90s sound to it and is sounding really good to me right now...i think the melody is killer for a 16 bar melody...for this track, i'm designing all of the sounds from scratch on my own...i can't wait to finish it and share with you all...

i'm really getting deeper and deeper into sound synthesis/design...i'm synthesizing my own kicks, claps, hi hats, snares and all other FX and instrumentation from leads to basses...i prefer to have the knowledge of how to design my own sounds instead of using samples or presets...not that there's anything wrong with that, i just crave knowledge!

so thanks again everyone for the comments...i look forward to sharing my next track with you all...and if you have any questions on trance production, let me know...i'll help out wherever i can...

cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Well i just start new things all the time because i have new ideas and they just pile up.
don't worry that happens with everyone...i have a bunch of unfinished projects that i started and lost inspiration...but that was back in my completely noob days...i will revisit these tracks again with my new found knowledge and apply it and see if i can bring them to life like i thought i could at once!
Nice track I do a little trance and hip hop here's one of my latest tracks https://soundcloud.com/iamgalaxey/dance-tonight I have others just not on the net yet haha. Is this actually even considered trance? I don't know lol And I definitely would love to hear some techniques.
i will listen to it and let you know!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

nice intro man, really liking it but the kick needs to have a little more presence IMO...i like the synths also :)

It'd be cool if we could all pool together and make one massive track

nice track ashhole. sounds pretty clean. not sure about the closed hihat though. maybe its a tiny bit too harsh for my ears. and nice name :P

Last edited:
nice track ashhole. sounds pretty clean. not sure about the closed hihat though. maybe its a tiny bit too harsh for my ears. and nice name :P

thanks man haha matt bukovski said the same thing about my hats...i'll try to not make them too harsh this time around as i will be synthesizing them myself and not sampling like i did in that track...

nice track ashhole. sounds pretty clean. not sure about the closed hihat though. maybe its a tiny bit too harsh for my ears.

Hi im new, and love producing trance/listening/mixing etc etc..... But must agree, the closed hihat is pretty harsh, maybe lower vol a bit and possibly sidechain it to give that pumping feel?

Sounds good though!

Hi im new, and love producing trance/listening/mixing etc etc..... But must agree, the closed hihat is pretty harsh, maybe lower vol a bit and possibly sidechain it to give that pumping feel?

Sounds good though!

hi revolution, nice to meet you! how long have you been producing trance for? i will check out your soundcloud...

thanks for your feedback...i will definitely address this issue in the next track...also i feel like the track is lacking bottom end in between the kick hits...that will be addressed as well!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

btw just heard your remix of andy blueman's time to rest...pretty good remix i must say :)

Hi there!

I'm a new producer and love EDM music. I made one Dark Psytrance, and loved it! I'm aiming to make my second one. Besides that, I produce Drum and Bass, Dubstep and Dark Ambient too!

I'm glad people still like trance!

Hi there!

I'm a new producer and love EDM music. I made one Dark Psytrance, and loved it! I'm aiming to make my second one. Besides that, I produce Drum and Bass, Dubstep and Dark Ambient too!

I'm glad people still like trance!

hi there, nice to meet you! i am pretty new at this too, it's been almost a year now since i've been producing...good to know that you have the knowledge base to produce lots of different genres!

You know, I wouldn't call it "knowledge base", since I'm pretty new. I've been producing for what? 4 months now? I think my background as a guitarist helps me a lot, but I'm still learning. Every day I learn something new. Thanks!

hi revolution, nice to meet you! how long have you been producing trance for? i will check out your soundcloud...

thanks for your feedback...i will definitely address this issue in the next track...also i feel like the track is lacking bottom end in between the kick hits...that will be addressed as well!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

btw just heard your remix of andy blueman's time to rest...pretty good remix i must say :)

Cheers, it was a very tedious track to remix and still isnt perfect but may return to it one day when i get the time.

Been producing trance properly on and off for about a year. Before that was just experimenting with DAWs and vsts just to see what i liked etc. Still trying to get that perfect sound tho (arent we all) :rolleyes:

I have 2 dubstep songs being produced right now, but I've already started another Dark Psytrance one. Man, it'll be huge! Also, I listened to all the tracks posted in this thread, and I must say: The quality is too damn high! Congrats to you all!

Cheers, it was a very tedious track to remix and still isnt perfect but may return to it one day when i get the time.

Been producing trance properly on and off for about a year. Before that was just experimenting with DAWs and vsts just to see what i liked etc. Still trying to get that perfect sound tho (arent we all) :rolleyes:

Really really really loving your remix. I miss this kind of trance. The rolling bassline is awesome. Good job.

I have 2 dubstep songs being produced right now, but I've already started another Dark Psytrance one. Man, it'll be huge! Also, I listened to all the tracks posted in this thread, and I must say: The quality is too damn high! Congrats to you all!
thanks man, greatly appreciated! i'm almost ready to arrange the next track and with 48 tracks laid down and finished, i'm getting ready for arrangement...and this track is sounding 100x better than the previous one...i just have to arrange it really well which i find to be my biggest weakness...
Really really really loving your remix. I miss this kind of trance. The rolling bassline is awesome. Good job.
i love this type of trance as well...do you happen to produce trance as well, nrjetik?

The funny thing is that my musical project wasn't meant to incorporate Dark Psytrance. I started my first one as a exercise to get the hang of sidechain compression, as I've read it's used in that style. But I enjoyed so much that I decided to incorporate it too. Maybe I'll give a try on other trance styles, maybe a fullon or goa.

thanks man, greatly appreciated! i'm almost ready to arrange the next track and with 48 tracks laid down and finished, i'm getting ready for arrangement...and this track is sounding 100x better than the previous one...i just have to arrange it really well which i find to be my biggest weakness...

i love this type of trance as well...do you happen to produce trance as well, nrjetik?

Well I tried before but I never managed to create a full length trance song because I really suck at structure. I'm always around making the climax and main lead.

Here was my last attempt at trance:

Last edited:
nice trance nrjetik. i know ur structure problem, i had to fight long with it too. and still do sometimes. but i miss some very high frequencies 10khz+ for some clarity. or its just a 128kbps mp3 :) keep going

Back