Orchestral music

You are not looking for the typical music production programs. There is one from Apple, the same ppl who make Pro Tools, is called Sibelius.
Google music notation software. All I could give you is info from Google. So start there and look @ Sibelius.

EDIT: I'm sorry but Sibelius I THINK is just to write your music on a sheet for music reading. It doesn't allow you to add different instruments and arrange it
as you would a symphony or an orchestra or something. Here's a page I found on Google 6 of the Best Orchestral Software - Classical Considerations
Ok, after seeing that list, it still seems like they are geared towards a single of a few instruments. I only saw one where they allow you to control about 15 instruments.

Look into Sibelius, if that doesn't have this function which is called MULTI TRACKING RECORDING/EDITING, then don't get it. Because If i'm not mistaken, you want to
record various instruments right? But as an orchestra. My background is in Electronic music, so it's very different.
With that being said, I totally see a famous composer using something like Pro Tools or Logic, or any one of these multi track recording and editing softwares.
If you know how to record, set up the mics and play. Then all you have to learn about is a little mixing and the program itself.

Last edited:
Back