New to the promotion/business side of electronic music

Herətik

Hello community. Hope I'm in the right place lol..I am now just stepping into the business side of the electronic music universe. I've been a lifelong fan of electronic music and started as a local DJ in 2004. Life happened since then and I'm definitely out of the loop but for the past couple years I've been literally studying music production, music theory etc. and producing non-stop with my new equipment. I can produce anything and I'm very versatile but I've been told my core style is more on the "chill" side which is fine cause its really good lol. My question though, is where do I start if I want fans? I'm not very genre-specific and although it's out of my control, I don't care for my music to be labeled as any specific type since I use many elements from several different styles. I recently just put up a Facebook, soundcloud and myspace page. I'm not one of those "trying to get rich and famous overnight" musicians I just love what I do and believe music is very important especially electronic music and I want to share my sounds with the right crowd you know. If any seasoned producers or DJ's can help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!~Herətik

You have thought it right, by using some social media websites for spreading your work to the world.
But only that won't mean it will get buzz by just uploading your music. you need to create a relashionship with the people you want to listen to your music. So listen to other people's music, give them GOOD feedback on their productions, add value.

Also, don't underestimate blogs, forums and discussion groups. The best opportunities for you will rise from these.

Awesome thank you for that info much appreciated. With that I'll check out your detached entertainment link. I would leave a link to my soundcloud or something but it won't let me since I haven't made enough posts I guess lol

Back