New EP - Nothing Lasts Forever - several genres on one project

s.singh

www.mellowdeep.com
I've recently released my new EP, Nothing Lasts Forever, onto iTunes, Amazon, Google Play & Spotify - below is a sampler of the songs on the EP - there's five tracks, each I think with a very different feel - would love to know what you think, and if having such varying styles on one project can still sound cohesive?

I find it difficult to stick to just one style of music and find myself creating projects that feel genreless to me. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Yeah I feel ya.. I flip from one genre to another on my artist projects.. listen to Memoria on soundcloud/challenja. You can see me flip from style to style on it. I feel that when you move from one genre to another you are transcending genres and limitations that these genre's impose.. great music should have no real limits.. it should evolve.. like Radiohead..

thank you for checking it out man - and appreciate your comments on SC. It's great to see someone else agrees - when you have such a diverse taste in music I think it's hard to limit yourself to producing one genre. It's one thing doing it over a project, and a different ball game doing it over a single song. Memoria is fucking crazy though...the low end is perfect throughout and I like the evolution of the drums throughout. Followed you on soundcloud because I wanna hear more like this!

no problems blood. Thanks for the follow and I'm gonna be dropping a new mash up track very soon called "showtime". Cheers
James

Yeah I feel ya.. I flip from one genre to another on my artist projects.. listen to Memoria on soundcloud/challenja. You can see me flip from style to style on it. I feel that when you move from one genre to another you are transcending genres and limitations that these genre's impose.. great music should have no real limits.. it should evolve.. like Radiohead..

I agree that I feel that when you move from one genre to another you are transcending genres and limitations that these genre's impose

Back