Live Electronic Music (Drum Kit, Synths)

Yeah they do.. it's not new though. That's how electronic music started, Kraftwerk and their heavy krautrock connection, Tangerine Dream. The idea that playing a sequence from a laptop, or just beatmatching a few tracks together is in anyway impressive is an anomaly.. we're just going back to normal now. The future is the past and the past is the future.

There's just more attention for it now, since people are bored with the identikit samplekit kiddos and that glossy EDM sound. I get that for you guys across the pond that's still somewhat new.. we over here have been hearing that sound for over 20 years now. The fact Ultra and ID&T are still making good money on those mega festivals doesn't mean it's not done. The most aptly titled EDM artist is Deadmaus.. that describes what that sounds like to me by now. Beating a dead horse would be more exciting at this point.

I'm talking like a band with a drummer, synth player, bass player, singer, etc. ...Like a rock n roll band but making electronic rock n roll, and singing.
There may be some already out there (the only ones i knew were small/two-people like crystal castles and ghostland observatory), but electronic artists are usually by themselves.

I just like the energy of "ending a song" on stage and having the crowd cheer. With live sets and dj sets it's all continuous music without any downtime for crowd involvement. There's no like connection/interaction between the performing artists and the audience. ...i blame obama. he ruined everything.

^.^ Anyway those guys hit me up so i felt like sharing them. i think its a cool concept

Edit: the yeah yeah yeahs are another small electronic band, ...so maybe the ideas been around for a while.

Last edited:
Back