Lil Jon killed the game

I was thinking what happened to Lil Jon..oh well, not my normal kinda listening choice but it bangs...prepare to hear lots of people imitating him yet again.

I was thinking what happened to Lil Jon..oh well, not my normal kinda listening choice but it bangs...prepare to hear lots of people imitating him yet again.

Or will he be copying someone's else? That's what I think it'll happen.

Or will he be copying someone's else? That's what I think it'll happen.

To be fair you could be right. There's no denying he changed the game with his sound about 9 or 10 years ago, and he was the go to guy back then when you needed a club banger. That being said I think his sound must have been at least partially inspired by electronic/dance/trance music - I seem to remember most producers were doing the whole soul samples Just Blaze/Kanye sound, then Lil Jon came out with those 808s and synths and the rest is history.

To be fair you could be right. There's no denying he changed the game with his sound about 9 or 10 years ago, and he was the go to guy back then when you needed a club banger. That being said I think his sound must have been at least partially inspired by electronic/dance/trance music - I seem to remember most producers were doing the whole soul samples Just Blaze/Kanye sound, then Lil Jon came out with those 808s and synths and the rest is history.

But now, what new thing will he bring?

I'm saying this, because everyone is doing this "electro-house-brostep-pop-thing" that we listen nowadays. It's almost as people have forgotten some sub-genres that exist (and are pretty good to listen to), you know?

But now, what new thing will he bring?

I'm saying this, because everyone is doing this "electro-house-brostep-pop-thing" that we listen nowadays. It's almost as people have forgotten some sub-genres that exist (and are pretty good to listen to), you know?

Yeah man I feel what you're saying. People get caught up in labels and genres (I have no idea what brostep is meant to be lol), but I also think the perception of genres has changed over the time. For example if someone says 'Electro' to me, I think of a lot of 80s breakbeat music, 'House' could be old Chicago style house...and only god knows what EDM is supposed to represent. The term Electronic Dance Music could refer to house, electro, drum & bass, trance, whatever....I don't know if that makes sense?

Yeah man I feel what you're saying. People get caught up in labels and genres (I have no idea what brostep is meant to be lol), but I also think the perception of genres has changed over the time. For example if someone says 'Electro' to me, I think of a lot of 80s breakbeat music, 'House' could be old Chicago style house...and only god knows what EDM is supposed to represent. The term Electronic Dance Music could refer to house, electro, drum & bass, trance, whatever....I don't know if that makes sense?

Brostep = Skrillex (and many other who followed him).

And yes, it makes sense. When I first read this thread, I was like: "Ok, just another "EDM" act". And I find the term "EDM" pretty stupid, when they should say "electro-house with dubstep influences and lots of yoy bass", but anyways... I don't think a man who grew up in the scene as a rapper would make much difference on electronic music. In fact, I think that if nothing inspiring comes up in the next few years, we may see electronic music going underground again (which isn't bad at all).

This changes absolutely nothing for me. I listen to electronic music all day, every day, and none of what I listen to has anything to do with this, neither will any of the people who make the music that I like to listen to have "Little johnny" standing in their way. This means nothing.

This changes absolutely nothing for me. I listen to electronic music all day, every day, and none of what I listen to has anything to do with this, neither will any of the people who make the music that I like to listen to have "Little johnny" standing in their way. This means nothing.

I agree completely. I just can't see how this guy would get in the way of some groups/producers I like to listen to.

But, I need to say, if his abilities on producing electronic music are equal to his abilities of playing a guitar, he won't get too far.

Back