Hello and feedback needed.

FastFunghi

Hi guys,
this is my first post on this forum, i'd like to say hello to fellow music fanatics. I've been producing for fun and some time now and i'd really like some feedback from the hardened pro's. ;)
I think i am at the right place to not get the 'nice and polite' critics but some in debt review of what could be done better. If someone could take the time to guide me a little further I would appreciate it.

Chrs,
FF

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Ah, I need five posts to submit links..

Last edited:
Yeah they are. I have two of my latest songs uploaded. I Wasn't and Stars Collide. Two pretty different tracks. Alias is fast-funghi. Have a listen!

I really, really like the first track. Great stuff, I'd love to put it in one of my DJ sets. Nothing bad to say about it. The second track is cool, but I think it could use better mixing to make all the track elements really pop. I wish I could give you something more specific to go off of, sorry. The drums in particular sound pretty drowned out. Also, that white noise is a little much. Still, good job on your tracks.

If you'd like to, I could also use some feedback on a track. But I'm not trying to hold you hostage, you don't have to listen to it. https://www.futureproducers.com/for...her-genres/new-moombahton-house-track-447025/

I listened to both tracks. I really like the composition to this first and foremost. They are both catchy (especially I Wasn't), and I'm definitely feeling the rhythms. I think the kick in Stars Collide needs a little more punch though (just tighter). You've definitely got talent. Here is my music if you would like to listen: https://soundcloud.com/nathankendrick

spudd
Thx man, no problem to use it in one of your sets, just let me know so I can hear it! Yeah, i can hear what you mean in the second track. I want it to be really loud and energetic and their need to be a funky feel to it but things seem to get pushed away. I need to figure out how to serve the full frequency spectrum. The song you would like feedback on is offline for some reason so i couldn't listen. Anyway the tracks at your page are really nice, some are wonderfully put together.

nathan
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by tighter? Less decay? I always found it very hard to produce a good thumping kick, is ducking the way to do it?

Hey, man!

I just listened to both tracks, and I'm very impressed! I really liked them, even they being more "uplifiting" if you compare to my tracks, that have a more dark tone.

IMO, there's nothing more you could do to them. If you put this free for download, I'll be one to do it!

I really appreciate the positive feedback. It motivates a lot to continue and improve myself. Ddream, I've put them both for free download, so if you like you can.

I'm liking your sound. A bit Daft Punk-esque if you ask me! :-)

As for getting a fat kick, easiest way is just layering two. Then just tweak them both until they blend and you're happy.

nathan
Thanks for the feedback. What do you mean by tighter? Less decay? I always found it very hard to produce a good thumping kick, is ducking the way to do it?

Hey, sorry for the slow response! I revisited both tracks and listened on a few different speakers and headphones. Side chaining can help add the pumping feeling to it, but I think it could stand out a little bit more with a little more added compression and, yep you are right on, adjusting the decay to be a little shorter, and possibly narrowing the range of frequency of the kick through EQing it (roll off some of the lowest end and reserve that for the bassline, and anything below a certain point is just inaudible to the ear anyway but might be noise in the equipment playing it back which could generate noise or rumble).

Short list:
1. Ducking the rest of the track a little bit on the kicks can give it that pumping feeling, but also try..
2. Compression on the kick.
3. Decrease the decay of the kick.
4. EQing unneeded frequency off the low end of the kick (and cutting out higher frequency as desirable for different sound)

Hi Nathan, I certainly gonna dig in the recommendations. I don't master all off your suggestions yet. So it's time to educate myself a little more. I must also say I like my car, apart from it having an engine to take my lazy ass anywhere i like, it is also my studio and reference, as I still have to invest in good headphones and monitor speakers.

Hi Nathan,
Again a slow response :). After you posted your recommendations, which I very appreciate, I couldn't wait to get to work! So I was off producing. ;) I've done 2 of your list in stars collide. I decreased the decay in the kick a little bit, and threw a compressor over it. Now it's bouncing. Maybe ducking might help even more, but I have to look into that, as I don't know much about it. After that I noticed it wasn't running quite well in the percussion. So I de-cluttered it.
Thanks a bunch mate! Hope you like the new version.

FF

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Stars Collide (REdone) (Feat. Stephanie Kay) by Fast Funghi on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Back