EDM production forum

post back when it's active :)

Weird setup.. 1 example: acid, fl studio, wavelab... but no ableton live?? (one of the best for edm) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
hey im a EDM producer and im always looking for drum samples to make things that much more pro ... any suggestions ? ive been sent to places like TheProducersChoice and DrumsOnDrugs.com but im looking for more options ! thanks

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

hey im a EDM producer and im always looking for drum samples to make things that much more pro ... any suggestions ? ive been sent to places like TheProducersChoice and DrumsOnDrugs.com but im looking for more options ! thanks
Learning how to EQ and use compressors will get you much farther than any drum samples

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Learning how to EQ and use compressors will get you much farther than any drum samples

Thank you. You saved me the trouble of writing half a page of stuff.

EQ, reverb, distortion and compression will take you as far as your creativity will take you.

Now I use drum samples but only for layering. And I use Vengeance samples despite what people think about them. I mostly use them for layering kicks under my own to give them that extra kick (no pun intended).

I'm a Reason user and I can advice on Reason drums 2.0 . Load the record files in a seperate rns file, copy paste. You get every drum on a seperate track, fully ready to tweak to your liking.
Other than that, what has been written above. Also, you can synthesize drum sounds. There's some youtubes around, by propellerheads and others, on how to synthesize every single drum and percussion section.

So is there a good place (on here or elsewhere) where to get a some feedback and discussions about EDM music?

I'm mostly producing edm at the moment and looking for some good feedback.
Thanks

Back