Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Age Matter When It Comes To EDM Production?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    David guetta just turned 50 and he is still rocking it and as long as you got a ear and interrest in music, age is never a restriction
    Last edited by Zpider; 01-08-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks
    There is no age limit on what you want to do. If you want to make edm. Go for it!

Thanks
    Just turned 33 and less than a year into this, get it bro
    Current project, feedback always appreciated - https://soundcloud.com/trip-lykely/proper1/s-nm8yx

Thanks
    Music knows no age

Thanks
    art is limitless and should be free of all constraints...I'll be 40 in 2 weeks and am in the studio most weekends and putting together a live show to take on the road next year with some equally old farts...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meren Longcha View Post
    I'm going to be 32 and I just got into production... With many talented youngsters in the scene sometimes I'm really intimitated.... I started late because I'm from a remote place where internet became available only after the year 2000 . I belong to a tribal community and I'm trying to find my root for a new sound. So guys, am I too late to get into production?
    Dude... Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins, and Eddie Fowlkes, aka the Godfathers of Detroit Techno, are ALL in their 50's.

^^^ That's the group Digitalis, Nicolas Kellner and Roger Stucki. Both have careers (one in IT the other an architect) and both are up there in age as well and have been active since the late 80's.

Fact is, a lot of cats in various electronic music genre's are in their 40's and 50's with a good number even older than that. There are DJ's in their 70's and 80's like DJ Sumirock, Mamy Rock (RIP), and even Georgio Moroder (who's honestly far more than just a DJ... The dude is responsible for countless hits since the 70's as well as partially responsible for one of the world's rarest exotic cars).

Electronic music is one of those genre's where what matters the most is the music, not your back story or your age.
    Last edited by logic7; 02-23-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    "... got a problem with your processor? your gonna have to call pentium for that." - joey tunez

Thanks
    Of course it does. Just not in the sense that you can't make music when you're younger.
    But as you get older, the music you want to make is gonna mature as well. It'll probably be less about 'that sick drop' and having lots of shitty risers going everywhere.
    lwj - local space music

Thanks
    You can be creative at fifty years old. I too am 32 and am a producer. I love making music not because of the crowds, but because it's something I love to do. Doesn't mean one can't be found and create a top track with a killa beat. God Bless.

Thread Information