Dave Grohl & deadmau5 Grammys

I

IanMathews

I found it odd that Grohl makes his big speech about playing live instruments and not using computers to record - and shares a stage with an electronic artist who surely uses such technology. I could see Grohl getting into the dubstep, too. Anyone else see that combination as ironic? Or phony?? Normally, I take the awards show with a grain of salt, but that issue stuck with me until this morning..

seems a bit phony to me, just part of his image as an old school rocker- there's no way he doesn't use computers when recording...

ITS ALL FAKE. **** the industry a bunch of people farmers, that wake up everyday to milk the weekly cash cow... i guess that doesnt have too much to do with this... but IMO if you had the grammys on to allow the opportunity to hear that crap, you were making a mistake.

the music industry went from finding music WE wanted to hear. to putting out music ThEY want us to hear. Perverbially throwing shit at a wall until one of the piles of shit stuck, pulling spoiled kids out of the garage and putting them on MTV without paying a single due. its not a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll anymore, its just a trustfund, a haircut and an investor funded music video away. SMH... /rant

He was referring to rock bands more than anything. Now a days everyone wants absolute perfection. Even in genres where things are typically played live. He wasn't trying to throw salt at other genres.

Last edited:
Back