Dark Experimental Music

egochamber

Hey people was wondering what dark, abstract, experimental you like. All styles and genres.

Here is a few old and new from different genres ive got from wikipedia.

Amon Tobin

Allflaws

Aphex Twin

Autechre

Burial

Boxcutter

DJ Pinch

DJ krush

DJ Shadow

I used to listen to Aphex Twin around the Selected Ambient Works Vol 1 and 2 era. But after he went all drill n bass he lost me. I like the Girl/Boy Song though

Photek's drum n bass from the 90s can be pretty dark.

Worth checking out EL P and his new album
(Cancer for the Cure).
Very experimental, dark abstract hip hop. Productions amazing.

my favorite early aphex is the polygon windows surfing on sine waves album. i like it better than either SAW (both of which are good). i think some of the tracks on surfing are dark in a very creepy, lonely, moody kind of way that i just haven't heard anywhere else.

i forgot Burial..very dark, atmospheric (post) dubstep

And while its quite old, if you like Soundtrack stuff, the soundtracks to Requiem for A Dream and to Event Horizon(By Orbital and Michael Kamen) are very nice dark works that mix traditional orchestral sounds with electronic music.

i forgot Burial..very dark, atmospheric (post) dubstep

And while its quite old, if you like Soundtrack stuff, the soundtracks to Requiem for A Dream and to Event Horizon(By Orbital and Michael Kamen) are very nice dark works that mix traditional orchestral sounds with electronic music.

Nice 1. Really liking the Michael Kamen tune.

Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin and Dj Shadow are a few of my favorites. Don't forget Boards of canada. Also Infected Mushroom can be quite nice.
I also listen to a lot of industrial darkcore, but I guess that's a whole different ball game :D
Stuff like this:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-other-genres/endymion-tetragramation-395486/

The harder darker heavier stuff is definitely what I like.

---------- Post added 06-29-2012 at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-26-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Amon Tobin, Aphex Twin and Dj Shadow are a few of my favorites. Don't forget Boards of canada. Also Infected Mushroom can be quite nice.
I also listen to a lot of industrial darkcore, but I guess that's a whole different ball game :D

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Hey thanks. These are great. Will check out more stuff from these artists. ;)

---------- Post added 08-17-2012 at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-30-2012 at 02:14 AM ----------

Trent Reznors HTDA project is cool. Love is Nine album Downward Spiral too.

Few Favs - Alternative/ none mainstream mostly

STEALING SHEEP - Shut Eye - Stealing Sheep 'Shut Eye'- YouTube

FC KAHUNA - Hayling - FC Kahuna - Hayling - YouTube

BONOBO - Flutter - Bonobo - Flutter Live @ Koko 2008 - YouTube

MAN PARRISH - Hip Hop Be Bop - Man Parrish - Hip Hop, Be Bop (Don't Stop) [HQ] - YouTube

BAUHAUS - Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (Original) - YouTube

JOY DIVISION - 24 Hours - Joy Division - Twenty Four Hours - YouTube

GROOVE ARMADA - Lazy Moon - Groove Armada - Lazy Moon - YouTube

SMOKING SPORE - Toad Patrol - Smoking Spore - Toad Patrol - YouTube

CAN - Paperhouse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLL2j8ZtxE

REPTAR - Rainbounce - Reptar - Rainbounce - YouTube

KRAFTWERK - Ruckzuck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIu2Fr2nIhI

THE BLACK ANGELS - Sniper At The Gates Of Heaven - The Black Angels - Sniper at the Gates of Heaven - YouTube

JAYWALK - Soul Vibration - Soul Vibration by J walk - YouTube

NIGHTMARE'S ON WAX - Nights Introlude - Nightmares On Wax - Nights Introlude - YouTube

DJ SHADOW - Monosylabic - Monosylabik - DJ Shadow - YouTube

RAE N CHRISTIAN - Trailing The Wake - Trailing in the Wake.mp4 - YouTube

THIEVERY CORPORATION - Liberation Front - Thievery Corporation live video- Liberation Front (roughedit - YouTube

ROOTS MANUVA - Fever - Roots Manuva - Fever - YouTube

DELTRON 3030 - Mastermind - Deltron 3030 - Mastermind - YouTube

THE HERBALISER BAND - 40 Winks - The Herbaliser - Forty Winks - YouTube

DOROTHY ASHBY - Soul Vibrations - Dorothy Ashby - Soul Vibrations - YouTube

PHILIP GLASS - (Einstein On A Beach) Knee Play 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpoWWnR348M

Last edited:
damn - nice 1. Some these are totally awesome - U A STAR

---------- Post added 09-11-2012 at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-31-2012 at 02:59 AM ----------

[h=1]Itsu by Plaid is pretty mad[/h]

---------- Post added 09-21-2012 at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-11-2012 at 02:54 AM ----------

Atoms for Peace are pretty good.

Gesaffelstein's music is pretty dark. He's worth checking out if you haven't done so already. It's hard hitting techno, very reverby and a lot of analogue.

Thanks will do

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-26-2012 at 05:50 AM ----------

The new HTDA album is about. Worth checking

Jagata

This passed Halloween I saw a band play that I would put in the dark experimental category- jagata. It was intense. I got a cd written on with a sharpie and the recording is amazing! They have some stuff on youtube, but I can't post links (jagataband)

Back