Can I still use an illegal DAW and VST by buying a legit version ?

Bagcee

Like anybody else one day you need to decide if you make serious music or if it's just a hobby.

A lot of people used crack version or illegal version or torrent version .. of their DAW, VST and plugins because we're not rich and we cannot buy all the things we use right now. I don't have the money to by everything right now but I can buy it "one by one" at different times. Yes I bought a laptop.

First I would have to buy FL Studio the producer or signture version the one with all (or the most) Fruity plugins including Sytrus, Harmor, Harmless,and effect like Bit Crusher ... after that all the Vst that I use ... So. it's 200$ for FL + maybe 200 for each VST if they don't have bundle pack or any cheap prices. So it's expensive $$$$.

I still want to be serious (Be a known artist) in what I do and one day make money out of it.

So I want to still use a crack version of FL Studio and also buy a Legal version of fl studio and never use it (The legal one) until I buy all my VST's or Plugins that I use (all my vst and plugins that I use now would all be legal).

Also If Image Line (Fl studio compagny) or any VST's or plugins compagny, if they heard a song in the radio or anywhere else how are they going to know that "that song" was made with their daw, VST's plugins. For me a piano sound is a piano sound (I wouldn't know who did it (daw) or from what vst it came from).

PS: I could do it under the radar but I couldn't make any $$$ out of it.
I doubt somebody that big names or the middle names in EDM right now could survive without a proper paid license of their daw and vst's and not get caught.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You're thinking way ahead of yourself. No one will ever give a fuck until you play massive concert halls live or take in millions and millions of listens from Soundcloud, youtube, et cetera.

It's not so black and white. Usually, if ever, these inquiries will come to you through online mediums, and if so, you can just buy the license before submitting. You have time.

How do you know about the famous musicians if they use legit installs or not? If their sound is even a bit original, it's really hard to figure out which patch or VST they've even used - so no one, besides their homies perhaps, would ever find out.

TL, DR:
Stop worrying about stupid shit.

Last edited:
Back