Best techno bpm!!!

Tyree D. said:
I don't go past 180...

I think you are seriously limiting yourself here musically... by the time you write the drums (for example), well then, thats about 65-70% of the track finished.

As for the Techno thing? I like cutting-edge Techno, so 144-151 written, and then may be the DJ's can speed it up as they please.

Dj_sabad said:
i love techno, and all its different aproaches. From minimal, electro, funky, driving and bangin techno.

I think that 133-135 its an exelent bpm for techno!!

i just wanted to hear everyones opinion about these subject.

Thanks.

sabad.
It depends on which sub genre you are referring to. Your more minimal techy techno sits right at about 122. White your harder detroit and tribal techno such as someone like Jeff Mills would play sits better around the 130-135 range. Thats the beuty of Techno music is its dynamic abilty to sit within a large range of BPMs so it can be untilized within many diff kinds of sets. Now Electro and so forth usually sits within the 126 area and the same goes for Progressive and most House genres. Now Trance and its sub genres tend to sit more around 135 for the more epic and 130 for the more progressive based productions. It really all depends. Techno is by far the most versitile as far as BPM ranges are concerned though.

anyone else remember that plastikman record from 99-00 that said on it, "pressed at 45, play at either speed"?

that's how i feel about techno.

earwizzle said:
anyone else remember that plastikman record from 99-00 that said on it, "pressed at 45, play at either speed"?

that's how i feel about techno.

one of the hardkiss brothers did a track that was meant to be played at both speeds. it was like two different tracks. weird. cool idea...

peace.

The Pipper said:
I play at around 137-140 bmp, but I don't pay attention to the bmp. The style I play is tech-house, driving with tribalistic funk.

im with this guy. i like 133-140 range. Driving hard bangin tribal ****. As for the dude talking about 200 bpm techno...i would consider that hardcore techno or gabber...a whole different genre...

MRT1212 said:
any multiple of 12.

120, 132, 144, 156

agreed spot on mate, but at the same time most of my " Techno " as it's called...lol ranges from 135-155 i'd personally say anything over 155 is technically hardTek or hard techno but the multiples of 12 thing, that's cool i never really noticed that b4
nice one

i dont know about other people here, but i like to keep my tracks slower than 160 bpm because its sounds really cheesy when its higher than that. No one is going to keep up to a 200 bpm for 2-4 hours.

It depends on the kind of techno you are playing. Here in Spain there's a typical techno called "tribal techno" that is played even at 155 bpm, but it's a very special kind of techno and allows this speed.

In my opinion, most kind of technos can be played between 135 and 145 bpm.

Back