Any idea who Kaskade is?

T

teddy rockspin

Big fan of their music, but when I saw em' in St. Louis, it was two DJs, spinning a set. Someone told me they are a group of like 5 people out of the OM label (San Fran). Any help from anyone?

kaskade is one man.

he used to live in Arizona, and moved to San Francisco.

i don't know who told you what they told you, but to me, it sounds like they're on crack!

I saw kaskade here in charlotte

it's two guys, Finn Bjarnson and Ryan Raddon

kaskade is mostly ryan, and he was the one spinning at the show I saw, he kicked ass.

Kaskade= Ryan Raddon.
He might be touring with someone else, or with four other people.
He does that a lot of live collaborative stuff. He sometimes gets vocalists to sing live during his sets. I've seen him do a live set with Colette (sp?).

But its not a team of people say... like daft punk

Kaskade is primarily known for his production, although I haven't seen a DJ set. And yes, one man. started out in Salt Lake City. Good stuff.

I assure you Kaskade does all or most all of it's production with both Ryan and Fjinn.

Kaskade's remix of "As I Fall" is both. Their work with Colette is both. Their remix of Pussy Cat Dolls is both. Their remix of David Morales' "Here I am" is both. Pretty much every one of my records gives them both credits, but when I saw them live, it was only Ryan spinning.

you know what would solve our kaskade conundrum?
if kaskade himself/themselves came onto the board. :)

If you guys really don't believe me I'll take a picture of one of my records giving both of them credit.

i checked my vynil and it also credits Vinn Bjarnson, Anthony Green.

i think the reason for the confusion is the 'communal' nature of a lot of the OM crew, and a lot of the guys out west....

it seems like a lot of the big names hang out and work with each other... so you cant always tell who the 'official' group is.

peace.

Back