dubplate ripoffs online (www.dubplates.com)

I

ichi

has anyone had any good or bad experiences with buying dubplates online?

our crew got out and out taken for 700$ by dubplates.com, who took our money 5 months ago for 2 buju specials and wont even return our emails.

upon relating this story to another online dubplate site, i was told that we were not the first to get taken by dubplates.com / peter joyce.

if anyone can suggest a better way to score dubplates, please let me know.

Go direct to the artist manager. All the bigger artist get managed by one company cant remember them name. I emailed them about a show Bounty was supposed to do up here and they got back to me the next day.

EDIT: I know bountys "official" web site offer dubs direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree wid xtra. You need to go directly to the artist. I would never let a link voice tunes for me. Only I know which tunes I want, No other man can speak for my sound. I've heard of people getting dubs with the links name called out inna di chune, I've also heard of people getting fake or splice tune from links. Ah ****rey dat. VOICE YOUR OWN CHUNE...

dubplates88.com check it out

If you need dubplates please use my website,we have links for every living artist,Just give us a try and you will be happy to do business again and let us deal with all your dubplates.

Bless,
Mario

Ichi,
Sorry to hear about your loss. One thing that should have given you a clue is the fact that dubplates.com operates out of UK!. Any company on that isn't IN JAMAICA couldn't possibly ensure you get dubs done in any set time frame. You need to go either through the manager (takes longer) or through a studio in JA that records these artists on a regular basis. My studio is based at Solid Agency (solidagency.com). Solid is the top booking/management company in Jamaica and we get a whole lot of artists coming through here on a regular basis. My main line of work is production but I get alot of dubs recorded here so if you need to get some done I can get you most reggae & dancehall artists. Just send me a message with this info:

Name:
Email:
Contact #:
Sound Name:
Selectors/DJ's:
Song/s:
Riddim/s:
Any Special Instructions:

It can take from 1 day up to 1 week depending on the artist's schedule at the time you make the order. When i get the info, I call the artist and find out when they are available and pricing. Relay that message back to you and we work from there.
The pricing is usually pretty standard.
The top artists charge between $700-$1000 US
Hot artists anywhere between $500-$700
Young & Upcoming between $200-$500
It all depends on exactly which artist you need and sometimes how many songs you are getting. Some artists even charge different prices for different songs. A newer, hotter song is sometimes more expensive.
I hope you dont lose any more money! It's really bad for the whole industry when those types of things happen.
One Love
Salim

dubplate ripoff

has anyone had any good or bad experiences with buying dubplates online?

our crew got out and out taken for 700$ by dubplates.com, who took our money 5 months ago for 2 buju specials and wont even return our emails.

upon relating this story to another online dubplate site, i was told that we were not the first to get taken by dubplates.com / peter joyce.

if anyone can suggest a better way to score dubplates, please let me know.
hi mi brecren , did you get sorted out in the end, kinda going through same ting . Bless starlinx .

Same story here - good thing I paid with PayPal. after 3 weeks of no dubplate I escalated to PayPal and I got a refund pretty quickly.. I would never send cash vi WU or any form of money transfer..

Back