dub reggae

selectah1

id like to know if there are any reggae dub artists out there in this year .. i listen to alot of roots and dub such as scientist, king tubby, hugh mundell, lacksley castell, echo minnot, sly and robbie, junior reid ,and i can go on ahahaha im just giving an idea if thered be any type of artist like that for this generation

The Dub style has evolved into Dubstep; I don't know of any famous modern producers or groups working expressly in that style, other than the Dub All-Stars, and maybe you could count Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad...

Of course there are modern groups doing more traditional/roots reggae, many of them from Jamaica or Africa.

Your best bet to find new music is to look for unknowns by searching Soundcloud, YouTube, etc.

GJ

Dubmatix, Prince Phatty, Mad Professor, Dub Syndicate etc.

Listen Jah Shaka Soundsystem Mixtapes.

Search for Wackies label.

Enjoy listening.

Shameless self promotion....but I produced this which is definitely a dub track:

Also, while they're not a dub group at all, you can tell that Submotion Orchestra are clearly influenced by dub with their use of Delays and Reverb, especially prevalent on the Finest Hour LP.

Hi,

It is my first post here so let me do a quick presentation. I am french (Paris) 29 year old and I make reggae/dub beats.

Maybe I can bring some original ideas of dub music from France to the original post :

-Kanka
-Panda dub
-High tone
-Zenzile
-Ondubbground

Back