if you were stuck on a desert island with one peice of hardware and one software

infradead

what would it be and why?
then looking at your choices what do you think it says?

i'll start

Hardware

Nord G1 keyboard.
Its super deep. i can make sequencers synths filters and vocorders on it. i have hours of fun just playing around making patches for making patches sake. the virtual modular environment allows for so much experimentation, want a filter that has its output modulating its freq easily done. also its red

software

Audiomulch
this is the most interesting program i own. its not a daw its not a vst its a free standing tool of audio manipulation like nothing else i've come across. everything is routable to everywhere else. it will host VSTs and pretty much everything can be automated. its almost a sound design tool but made for live use. stable as hell and you can do some really really neat things with it.

looking at my choices they're both virtual modular so i'd say i love anything that gives me a ton of patch cables on the monitor..

#1 answer: FL Studio and a Midi Controller.
Runner up: Reason and a Midi Controller.

Wouldn't need Pro Tools because there would be no one on the desert island to record.

#1 answer: FL Studio and a Midi Controller.
Runner up: Reason and a Midi Controller.

Wouldn't need Pro Tools because there would be no one on the desert island to record.

+1 but the other way around. I would take Reason over FL because I feel it comes with better stock sounds. I'd be cut when the battery died though... Does the notebook count as a bit of hardware?

Fl studio laptop and my 250 gb harddrive filled with what i need .

Back