Will You Continue To Fail In 2012?

H

HIMbeats

About two and half years ago I was moving to a new state without a job and ready to give up music. Since then I am running my own studio and a couple of music related businesses. Now I am in no way saying I made it or nothing like that. What I am saying is that you can do the things you want to do if you put your mind to it and surround yourself with the right motivations and people. The day I left the studio I was working at I was handed a note by a fellow engineer with these 5 things written on it.

1) You will do the same things you did in 2011.

2) You will listen to the people around you more than those that are doing what you want to do.

3) You will procrastinate and think of reasons why you can't succeed.

4) You won't set small goals for yourself but instead only focus on the one BIG goal.

5) You won't believe in your own success even when you fail.

This helped me so maybe it will help somebody else.....I hate people telling me I can't do something..lol. I look at this list year year now.

So where will your music business be at this time next year? Growing or will it be the same ol' thing....oh I am going to build a website..or..as soon as my music gets better I am going to start selling it...or..if I had more money I would do it.

Something to think about FP family.........HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lappy new wear

Hey happy new year noble!! I forgot it is already 2012 there.....hey have one for me my friend....I am just getting started it is only 4:30 here:cheers::alcoholic:

Happy New Year!

Well Im ending my website [where I will post my beats, vlog, drum kits, interviews, tutorials, reviews and more] and hopefully it gonna help me and make me more known.
im gettin more people around me everyday and i really like that, cuz most of them is willing to help me.
But in 2012 the biggest thing that gonna change my life, probably, is changing the place where I live. Probably im gonna move back to Poland or to USA. Damn, im dreamin about USA since I was like 5yo.

And about right people around You and the right mindset -> thats what Ive been working for past few months. Now everyone knows what they should say or when they should shut the **** up. They know how to contact me and how to treat me. And yeah, there were few people whom I lost, but cmon, if they couldnt accept me then why the hell should i accept them?
The point is; the real friends gonna always try to understand You. Like I got few friends that I know since 5 or more years. And they understand me, even if Im in "**** you, **** the whole world and bring me something to drink" type mood they understand it. Everyone got worse days. And they motivate me, same as I do with them, whatever they do. Even if they are rappers who never gonna make it, I tell em to make rap as hobby and focus on studying or w/e they got to do.

Ive meet alot of people who told me that I cant make it. People who were hatin me just becuse they wanted to. But haters never gonna make it. YOU GONNA MAKE IT if You stay focused and keep workin hard. Seriously, there are alot of other things people can do in the music industry, that I think everyone can find something for him.

The point is [again lol, sorry, its 3 am in here]: Haters gonna never make it, beacuse they dont even try and even if they tried - they gave up too fast.
Its all about Your attitude and the energy, that people around You, creates.

So I belive that in 2012 I will be one of the top10 producers in Poland, one of the top20-30 in Europe and somewhere around 100 on Soundclick [already been 200 he he he ].
And these are big goals, I dont focus on small goals, cuz they are not worth of it.

And I dont dream about new cars, playboy alike mansions. I dream only about being able to make living out of music.

and btw. im trying to change the mindset of the listeners and rappers in my country, so they will pay for the music and respect our job.Hopefully it gonna work.

Happy New Year Himbeats 9:45p.m. here I know it should be 7:45p.m. for you so you got a while longer before the new year
anyway
I think I will continue to build relationship to build my success
I think that's the cornerstone of my music is going to be more relationships in 2012
continue learning business and helping other with their careers
my goals for 2012 is to
1. continue to improve my website
2.continue to build my coaching/consulting cliente
3.continue to build one on one personal/business relationship
4.start my t-shirt campaign around the themes of my brand and things I'm trying to do for the christian community
5.get a few of "known" christian artists to endorse my t-shirts
6. continue to get ppl to join my getting out the pews campaign and sealed up and linked up youth group newtwork
7.to get two songwriters and two producers to join my publishing/production team
8. to finish one e-book of my 101 tips series
9.to not procasnate on my goals
10. to not let my budget hender me

thanks for reading guys and if you want to build a relationship with christian media/ent. professional contact me

and go to my site and fill out the forms if you want to sign up for THE GETTING OUT THE PEWS Campaign and/or you want to sign up your youth group to the SEALED UP AND LINKED UP YOUTH GROUP NETWORK fill out the form in that section

the site has been revamped alot
and most of the articles are finished so I'm going to finished them overnight
but feel free to check my site now
just click the banner in sig

Happy new year to all above.

It's good to hear how other people are doing with progressing in the music industry. I'm working on my own at the moment and so all of these tips to keep things moving and your mind focussed are always good to hear. It's much easier for me to go to that party, than to finish my mix, when there is no-one there to shout it at me. Tips to keep your focus are much more important on your own.

Goals for this year are to become a music producer and to make an album. The songwriting company is going to become more of a music production company too.

Today I've set a modest 6 hours of work. (Well it is a holiday) I've already done some music performance practice. I've also assembled the top 20 singles and albums from last year for the US and UK. I've still to go through these and make notes about various trends etc. Still to do 2 hours of preparing recordings and 2 hours of reading music books.

Very excited about this year although I know that I need to work hard.

Good stuff here everybody! Maybe this can kinda become a way for people to write out their goals for what they want to do this year. Sometimes I find it easier to stay focused on my goals if somebody else knows about them. Anyway congrads to everybody and much success in this year!

Back