will adding visual arts to my music actually increase views and awareness?

dmajor100

since I've gotten a higher paying job a lot of money has gone into paying for mixed and mastered tracks and I've gotten what i can for art work from the net yet i still feel as if I'm lacking in professionalism. most tracks i got on my soundcloud are rough drafts and teaser for the exception of the mastered tracks and I'm looking to put more into it and look for artist that will make covers for me and give me a image. Just outta curiosity how does this really affect a views perspective if they happen to come across my work and how does it help me rather than just getting free images off the net?

It's helpful to have visuals because just as music gives us a certain vibe, visuals also give off a vibe. So when you combine the right visuals with good sound, it enriches the sensory experience subconsciously, making it more likely a listener will get into your music and more likely it'll stick in their memory too.

as a producer no.. i don't think so but only if your a rapper it matters.. the soul caliber beat on your sc isn't that good.. i'd go back and hone my skills more before adding money into the music thing

I say yes because visuals create a certain feeling before the play button is even clicked. If your brand/name doesn't have a set value attached to it, people will need supplementary reason to even hit the play button to whatever you got cooking.

as a producer no.. i don't think so but only if your a rapper it matters.. the soul caliber beat on your sc isn't that good.. i'd go back and hone my skills more before adding money into the music thing

lol funny cause I've gotten all positive remarks but guess you can't please everyone

Don't listen to that. In my opinion, the beat is really good, it's different to everything else you hear which is the most important thing in music or anything for that matter. I also think it matters for a producer just as much as a rapper because a rapper looking for beats is still going to be getting a first impression from your visuals. If I was looking for beats and saw a page with no profile picture, I wouldn't even listen because from the first impression I get, that person isn't taking it seriously or professionally. Even though that sounds ignorant, that's what happens.

Don't listen to that. In my opinion, the beat is really good, it's different to everything else you hear which is the most important thing in music or anything for that matter. I also think it matters for a producer just as much as a rapper because a rapper looking for beats is still going to be getting a first impression from your visuals. If I was looking for beats and saw a page with no profile picture, I wouldn't even listen because from the first impression I get, that person isn't taking it seriously or professionally. Even though that sounds ignorant, that's what happens.

yea i can say if it looks amateur then it just might sound amateur and most serious people are looking for serious producers. For the most part I'm not trying to sell beats like everyone and their momma I'm just making instrumentals just to jam to lately it seems a lot of just good music is becoming popular rather than the same old rapper or artist talking about the same thing.

lol funny cause I've gotten all positive remarks but guess you can't please everyone

i just reread what your 1st post.. so you want people to sing on your songs to give you an image? give away free beats to get an image across... i mean it'll help your buzz

As an Emcee, and having worked with many of producers and can tell you that visuals do make a difference.
With all this music in abundance you're gonna wanna have something sets you apart from amateurs almost immediately, and I truly believe some serious art work does the job.

Back