Why Set Goals?

CeasarBeats

CeasarBeats
Why Set Goals?

Goal setting is used by top-level athletes, successful business-people and achievers in all fields. Setting goals gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation . It focuses your acquisition of knowledge, and helps you to organize your time and your resources so that you can make the very most of your life.

By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals, and you'll see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. You will also raise your self-confidence , as you recognize your own ability and competence in achieving the goals that you've set.

This is some really good insight. One thing I would add to this though, is to set MANAGEABLE goals. So let's say for instance, you want to make a goal to "make 3 beats everyday", but you're in school full-time with a job to boot. While you should still have the goal to make beats, you have to understand your circumstances and set a goal that is manageable and within reach. I feel like a lot of new producers come with the mindset of "I have to do X things in X time and I'll be a hit!", but then become discouraged and quit when they realize the goals they set for themselves are not realistic given the time commitment or experience level they have.

Back