Why do Producers put their beats up for free download?

Yeah free beats = Free Loaders which = Traffic , thats the math .. I'll admit I use to give em out for free but Ever since I stopped ... I have seen way more traffic. ALot of artist dont want tracks everybody else has had , so they would rather kick out the $$$ to use it ... And those are the Clients you can work out deals with !!!

People are missing the big picture... a lot of producers/beats makers (well the smart ones) are more concerned with the licensing game...

Smarter to get free 16s than paying for them when you don't have to

and how do they choose which ones?

I just don't understand the reason behind it? Do rappers have to shoutout their names? Is that how it go?

i'm doing this right now for promo.. I been making beats for 3 years now.. And i never put beats up because i feels like i'm good enough to be beat jacked.. But its a new year so i said **** it.. I did it and i made it free and tagged it.. I put up what everyone likes for promo.. U could try and sell beats but too what fanbase? U feel me.. I'm puttin these up for free now.. But in the summer i'm switching up everything.. Come summer.. I'm gonna charge.. I do it for promo.. I'm getting 700 - 1000 views a day for giving out "free" beats.. Eventually they'll come back because the product is good... Feel me.. And by that time i'll be chargin.. People will always "pay" for good quality

why does Kellog cereal company give away free or discounted cereal???
marketing tool that's tried and true

yeah you'll get ppl that eat the free food and never buy and go buy the cheap brand
but you'll also get the person who wil become addicted to the cereal and buy it all the time ....

Last edited:
Yes, a lot of producers do this but they make sure that thier beats/music is copywritten first before putting them in the ears of the public. I copyright & then register my music with ASCAP, and then it is safe to put out on the web, hand out on cd's to DJs or give your beats out for free, you never know when someone in particular will buy exclusives or use your music in any way via exclusive or lease.

Yes, a lot of producers do this but they make sure that thier beats/music is copywritten first before putting them in the ears of the public. I copyright & then register my music with ASCAP, and then it is safe to put out on the web, hand out on cd's to DJs or give your beats out for free, you never know when someone in particular will buy exclusives or use your music in any way via exclusive or lease.
exactly
lead_gif1.gif

Last edited:
It's pure marketing, on SoundClick downloads count in the charts so thats reason number 1. If I give a rapper my tagged beat for free it's usually for promotion.

Back