Who Are You? and What Are You Doing In The Audio Industry?

ezr

Hello friends;
I'm reading here on this forum for days and it's pretty difficult for me to get a grasp of what most of you around here are doing for a living.
Wouldn't it be a great idea for all of you out here to introduce yourself and let us all know (in short, of course):
1) what is it that you do for a living in the audio industry? And how do you make money out of it?
2) What is some of your biggest challenges?
3) What tricks can you share that might help us?
We'll all very much enjoy seeing what our friends in the industry do.
Let's get it going!

Last edited:
Hello friends;
I'm reading here on this forum for days and it's pretty difficult for me to get a grasp of what most of you around here are doing for a living.
Wouldn't it be a great idea for all of you out here to introduce yourself and let us all know (in short, of course):
1) what is it that you do for a living in the audio industry?
We'll all very much enjoy seeing what our friends in the industry do.
Let's get it going!

1. Music licensing, audio editing, sound design (here and there)
2. Learning the tools
3. No tricks, just learn and apply

I would think that if that information was something that folks wanted to share, they'd have put it in their profile.
;):cool:;)

I do a lot of stuff in music and audio, and have for over 30 years. Greatest challenges by far-- people. Tricks?-- a specific question would be golden here...

GJ

1) what is it that you do for a living in the audio industry? And how do you make money out of it?
I do A&R and creative stuff at a major publishing company. Mainly working with songwriters and scouting new talent, also placing songs with artists in the US / UK territory.

Finding new talent that are in it for the long run and are not after the quick cash. Since there are no such thing as quick cash in this business.

Dont be a jerk when applying demos. Dont say that you are the next Max Martin / diplo / Timbaland / Alex da Kid etc. I'm after YOU and YOUR originality, not a bad copy of whats already been done.

1. Music Licensing + Play in a live band.
2. Biggest challenge for me is gaining the exposure I'm looking for. I really dislike social media (I tweet and post a little here and there), but I know it's part of the game. I could make a little more effort, but some good things have been happening lately regardless, so I don't even really miss it. How much more SPAM can Twitter even handle? It's awful there..
3. Work smart, not hard. Stay organized in every way - your desk, your music files, your contacts, your TIME, legal, etc.

Back